The Tax Director is responsible for the Company's tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The Tax Director oversees the work of external tax advisors and is responsible for ensuring compliance with SOX activities. The Director of Tax will serve as the primary point of contact for all the Company’s Partners.
- Oversees accounting for income taxes and performs detail review of all work prepared by external tax advisors.
- Participates in weekly tax meetings and maintains meeting minutes.
- Gathers and summarizes recent tax developments to determine those with impact to the Company.
- Prepares and files business tax licenses.
- Distributes state and federal tax returns via email to all Partners and responds to any questions received from Partners.
- Coordinates tax payments with accounts payable team.
- Works with the CAO and CFO on strategic initiatives and ad hoc projects.
- Maintains the risk control matrix specific to tax control activities and ensures that all control activities are performed as designed.
- Coordinates the provision of information to external tax preparers for preparation of quarterly and yearly tax provisions, TRA models, and state and federal tax returns.
- Coordinates the provision of information to internal and external audit for walkthroughs, interim requests, and year-end audit requests.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Ten + years’ experience as a Director of Tax or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA designation.
- Significant experience with acquisitions and preparation of Form 8594 is required.
- Significant experience with Partnerships and LLCs and related filings is required.
- Experience with multi-location and multi-entity companies is required.
- Experience working with TRA models is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Operates with high integrity, builds trust, quickly wins and sustains credibility in relationships with others.
- Must be detail oriented and achieve results within established timelines.
- Must demonstrate the organization’s core values, exuding behavior aligned with the firm’s culture.
Special Working Conditions:
- Fast paced, rapid growth, multi-tasking environment.
- Must be able to interact effectively with various levels of management both inside and outside the organization.