- Manage the day to day workflow, systems data and operations of the tax compliance reporting team.
- Ensure accurate employer tax filings, payments, adjustments and registrations in compliance with federal, state, local tax rules, PEO requirements, ADP policies and procedures.
- Interpret and provide guidance on business rules for federal, state and local tax laws.
- Identify and mitigate risk, manage and coordinate PEO tax account audits, tax rate forecast and voluntary contribution activities.
- Serve as the point of management escalation for employer and PEO tax compliance matters.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to resolve complex issues and obtain prompt resolution to escalated matters.
- Ensure service levels are met and team adherence to scheduled work tasks, policies and procedures.
- Consistently communicates and implement employer and PEO tax regulatory changes.
- Monitor current and proposed employer/PEO tax regulatory and legal changes and develops appropriate course of action to ensure tax filing compliance.
- Make recommendations to reduce risk and establish continued taxreporting compliance.
- Analyze the effect of new tax laws or regulations on the organization and investigate opportunities to maximize employer cost savings.
- Prepare taxliability/cost reconciliations, accrual reports, performance and auditreports. Remain informed and knowledgeable of current employer taxreporting developments and effectively applytax knowledge to projects, business and client needs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with regions, internal business partners, taxing authorities and third party administrators.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement identified through root-cause analyses.
- Partners with the region management teams and internal business partners to ensure taxreporting compliance, reduce risk and improve overall client satisfaction and retention.
- Define and manage policies and procedures that ensure compliance with taxreporting regulations and support the tax compliance and services operations.
- Manages and enforces project timelines ensuring that all major milestones are met.
- Responsible for personnel duties including determining staffing needs, making selection recommendations, conducting performance appraisals, talent reviews, succession planning and providing recommendations for salary increases and promotions.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 8+ years Employment tax compliance and reporting. Extensive knowledge of payroll laws and regulations.
Req Number: 168389