Tracking Code 179386-846Job Description
Tenneco is seeking a Tax Manager who will work in a collaborative team environment to help effectively manage the Company’s income tax associated functions. This position will be primarily responsible for managing the US federal and state tax compliance and assist with tax provision and accounting processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare/review the annual US federal and state income tax returns, including the quarterly estimate and annual extension processes.
- Prepare/review the annual tax provision process under ASC 740, including review of book tax differences and the relevant financial statement footnote disclosures.
- Participate in quarterly tax provision process.
- Manage US federal and state income tax audits.
- Participate in special projects as needed, including tax and accounting system update, implementation, and testing.
- Coach and develop staff to maximize job satisfaction and professional growth.
- Conduct formal employee performance reviews and provide continuous feedback during the year.
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes and procedures as they relate to the federal and state tax function.
- Coordinate compliance outsource engagements.
- Liaison with finance, treasury, and legal with regard to tax issues and functions.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance.
- 5-7 years overall experience in US federal and state tax reporting and compliance.
- Ability to interact and team with professionals in various functional areas to resolve complex tax issues throughout the organization.
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution.
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to embrace change and be flexible to changing business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Experience with tax compliance software (OneSource and Corptax).
- Experience with tax provision software (OneSource).
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft suite, SAP and Hyperion).
- Advanced degree (MST, MBA) a plus but not required
- CPA a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.