GTM is currently seeking a Tax Automation Services (TAS) Manager for our Wayne office. The Tax Automation Services Manager will oversee the functional and technical direction of projects, including the implementation of tax automation software and related processes, requirements analysis, tax process design and configuration.
GTM's TAS department is a client facing team that provides tax technology consulting services to the market, most commonly focused on corporate income taxes.
The TAS Manager would work directly with other members of the TAS team and clients on a regular basis, managing projects related to multiple software offerings and taking responsibility for the quality of client deliverables. The existing TAS management team will work together to train the TAS Manager on GTM standards and product functionality. In addition to this on the job training, the TAS Manager will have the opportunity to participate in specified formal training exercises geared towards certification in specific tax products (ONESOURCE).
- Implement technology to support corporate tax departments, including ONESOURCE, Corptax, Longview, Vertex and other systems
- Integrate provision systems with Hyperion, SAP and other ERP or consolidation tools
- Manage and perform day-to day operational aspects of projects
- Provide project management support to client service teams and clients
- Assist clients with system selection and evaluation of technology
- Prepare process analysis and redesign based on leading practices and technical insight
- Review documentation created by the TAS team, confirming business and system processes performed for tax documentation, and works with the team and clients to help review, define, and document existing transaction tax processes
- Provide mentorship and training to staff as needed
- Maintain and support existing partnerships, client relationships, and provide technical leadership and guidance to the team and clients on project status and adherence to timeline and budget
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing tax automation services or public accounting experience required
- Applied technology experience with tax provision/compliance software such as ONESOURCE or Corptax required
- Working experience with ASC740 required
- Direct experience in implementation, integration and/or configuration of tax systems
- Practical experience designing, developing and implementing software applications
- Practical experience in standard process analysis tools, process mapping and flowchart, diagramming
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior Big 4 or other consulting experience a plus
- Up to 10% overnight travel to client locations may be required