Senior Tax Analyst
About the Role:
As a Senior Tax Analyst you will work in a challenging, fast-paced and dynamic team environment, reporting to the Tax Manager. You will develop and gain valuable experiences in a wide range of tax disciplines including federal income tax, state income tax, US taxreporting for foreign subsidiaries, and related reporting for US GAAPtax accounting purposes. Your success in this role will offer a fantastic career track. Through commitment and hard work you will assume more progressive roles of responsibility. Becoming a subject matter expert in multiple areas of tax will allow your career to grow to heights only limited by your personal drive and abilities.
About our Business:
The Corporate Tax Department is located at the corporate headquarters in Brookfield, Wisconsin and reports up through the CFO?s organization. We oversee all aspects of Fiserv?s corporate income taxes, and are viewed as a value-added, trusted business advisor throughout the organization. Team members gain exposure across all disciplines of the Corporate Tax function with opportunities in reporting and planning.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or review federal and multi-state corporate income tax returns, extension requests, and estimated tax filings in compliance with federal and state tax laws.
- Perform research on federal, state, and international tax issues relevant to the preparation of corporate income tax returns.
- Assist with international aspects of federal and state income tax filings.
- Participate in projects including R&D credit, Section 199 domestic production activities deduction, mergers and acquisitions, and other domestic and international tax projects as they arise.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning opportunities (domestic and international), process efficiencies, quality improvements, and risk minimization strategies.
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of quarterly and annual tax account reconciliations, effective tax rate analysis, and deferred tax analysis.
- Assist with federal, state, and international income taxaudits, notices, and related matters, including responses to tax authorities and dispute resolution of audit issues.
- Monitor current and proposed federal, state, and international tax laws and regulations to identify and assess impact on Fiserv.
- Provide assistance to business units regarding tax issues, and other special projects as needed.
- Collaborate and facilitate efficient information sharing across organizational functions to meet tax and compliance requirements.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor?s degree in Business Administration with Accounting or Finance major required.
- MST and/or CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of three years of federal and/or multi-state corporate income taxexperiencerequired.
- Experience in accounting for income taxes of US corporations required.
- Experience at ?Big 4? accounting firm preferred.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
- Knowledge of US federal and multi-state corporate income tax laws and administration.
- Knowledge of accounting for income taxes and related pronouncements.
- General accounting and financial skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete large, multiple and complex projects under stringent deadlines.
- Strong tax research skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in the use of tax processing software, preferably OneSource.
- Exposure to SAPfinancial systems (GL, FA) preferred.