Tracking Code 38439
Prepare and complete tax returns and reports involved with state and local property and other tax liabilities. Responsible for meeting all required deadlines. Maintain current knowledge of all property tax and business license laws affecting the company. Assist in tax audits. Conduct tax research and planning as requested. Provide direction and technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Responsibilities include the preparation of state/local property tax returns, including supporting documentation, along with various other tax filings and related research activities
- Verify the accuracy of fixed asset reports as well as reports used to prepare business license returns
- Conduct tax compliance activities and support tax-planning projects
- Prepare and negotiate reductions to personal property assessed value as well as property tax refunds
- Provide assistance with preparing documentation and meeting required deadlines for property tax audits and appeals
- Assist with annual budget guidance preparation and periodic accrual review
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of state and local property tax laws, legislation and current developments
- Recognize, anticipate, and resolve property tax issues; make recommendations
- Analyze accounts in SAP to verify charges are posting to correct cost/profit centers;
- Provide assistance with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Support internal and external customers by researching questions, resolving issues and providing required documents
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able to consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge/expertise in utilizing Microsoft Windows programs, especially Excel, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear and courteous manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs, policies, and procedures in language that is understood by others. Able to communicate with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Must be able to modify communication style, both formal and informal, to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.