People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area. Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The Senior Manager, Tax Accounting Special Projects reports to the Director, Tax Accounting Special Projects. The Senior Manager, Tax Accounting Special Projects will provide technical support on a wide variety of complex tax accounting issues. This role will also prepare the S-OX internal controls documentation for corporate income tax planning transactions and ensure compliance with all S-OX internal controls for Tax Accounting.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Monitor emerging issues in U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC reporting, as well as proposed changes in tax laws, and quantify the financial statement impact.
- Research complex technical tax accounting issues to determine proper treatment in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Serve as a technical resource for the tax accounting team and assist with the preparation of memoranda documenting analysis and conclusions.
- Participate in all stages of pending tax planning transactions in order to prepare S-OX documentation of completed transaction (including review of valuation, opinion and tax technical transaction risks).
- Draft S-OX internal control documentation for corporate income tax planning transactions.
- Partner with geographic tax and accounting experts as well as internal controls and external financialauditors to ensure that tax transactions are adequately documented for internal and external S-OX purposes.
- Develop presentations of key tax planning internal controls impacts for senior finance leadership, as needed.
- Monitor emerging issues in auditing of income tax controls.
- Conduct training sessions on S-OX compliance requirements and technical tax accounting topics for Tax and Controllership personnel, as needed.
- Assist with financial modeling and forecasting of various ad hoc scenarios, including tax controversy and planning initiatives.
- Perform all other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Basic qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of tax and accounting experience with a public accounting firm, public company tax department, or ideally a combination of both
- CPA is preferred
- Extensive working knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting principles and ASC 740, with 4+ years recent experience with Tax Accounting and/or S-OX internal controls for Tax
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision provision software and SAP a plus
- Strong written, presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); advanced Excel skills a plus.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to team effectively with all levels of management and different business cultures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent thinker and self starter
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.