We’re currently looking for a Tax Manager to join our team in Franklin, TN.
This position will be in the Tax Operations group managing the tax accounting team. The position will work closely with tax compliance teams as well as the Accounting and Control group to analyze tax accounting issues for Nissan’s US operations.
Job functions Include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and year-end close activities including reconciliation of tax general ledger accounts, preparation of income tax provisions with reconciling items, and identification of potential uncertain tax positions.
- Responsible for preparing footnote disclosures for quarterly and yearly audited financial statements. Responsible for coordinating the quarterly and year-end income tax audit.
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting calculations. Communicate to finance leaders ETR drivers as well as year over year analysis.
- Work with tax compliance team to support deferred balances. Support income tax compliance by analyzing provision to return adjustments.
- Work will tax compliance to identify areas in need of process improvements, recommend and implement improvements
- Extensive federal, state and local corporate tax knowledge. Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to analyze and interpret technical laws, regulations, rulings, and court decisions. Good organizational skills
- Eight or more years of directly related professional level experience.
- Two years in a work leader role coordinating the work of other employees or contractors. This includes training new employees, assigning work, and checking the timeliness and quality of work. May have provided input into performance reviews. Most time in work leader role would have been spent performing work similar to that performed by the people whose activities the position coordinates.
- Bachelor’s Degree and an advanced degree or professional certification preferred. (e.g. MA, MS, CPA, JD)
- Advanced knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications.