Job Title: Tax Accountant
Location: Atlanta, GA
Hours: 8:00a-5:00p M-F
The Tax Accountant prepares annual and interim federal tax provisions and income tax returns, including estimated tax and extension calculations. May also prepare state income and franchise tax returns for selected entities. May assist with other tax projects, as needed.
- Prepare quarterly GAAP/STAT federal tax provisions for assigned companies.
- Prepare annual GAAP/STAT federal tax provisions for assigned companies. Prepare annual federal income tax returns and quarterly estimates for assigned companies.
- Prepare annual state income and franchise tax returns, quarterly estimates, and extension calculations for assigned companies.
- Assist in completion of other tax-related projects, as needed.
- Effectively use software applications employed in the tax provision and return processes (Microsoft Excel, Word and SharePoint, OneSource tax provision, OneSource tax return, and other internally-developed programs).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3 years tax experience with a CPA firm or in industry
- Need experience preparing income business tax returns (State & Federal) and State and state and local compliances.
- Solid tax and accounting skills.
- Ability to dependably meet tax-related deadlines, produce quality work, and deal with shifting priorities.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse individuals to obtain information for tax returns and provisions.
- Ability to utilize technology to enhance efficiencies.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong achievement- and results-oriented focus to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Advanced degree in taxation a plus
- Candidate who possesses or is working toward a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation a plus
- CPA is a big plus.
- Tax provisioning experience.
Notes From Manager: Need to have a lot of experience preparing income business tax returns (State & Federal).