At Resource Label Group, we are a manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels. As a company, we pride ourselves on embracing quality, safety, customer service and providing our employees with a drug-free work environment. Utilizing state-of-the-art flexographic and digital printing technology we partnerwith our customers in addressing their toughest application challenges – from concept and design, through print production and label application within anyof our 19 sites nationwide!
We are currently recruiting for a Tax Accountant to be based out of our Corporate Headquarters here in Franklin, TN.
The Tax Accountant will be responsible for overall tax governance and companywide compliance.
- Prepare and examine federal, state and local year end returns along with sales use filings
- Responsible for companywide risk management and analysis
- Oversee property tax filings along with the corporate real estate portfolio
- Analyze accounting and financial reports and present findings to leadership team
- Perform audits as needed ensuring adherence to the standard requirements
- Review of the sales and use tax filings and the maintenance of the rate changes
- Files federal, state, and local tax documents by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and federal, state, and municipal returns, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating provision schedules.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Maintains compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Identifies profitability of potential mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, 8-10 years strongly preferred
- Strong fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Multi state tax experience required
- BA in a related field required