Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. With a legacy over 150 years, the company has more than 2,000 brands ranging from global icons to local favorite’s, and are present in 191 countries around the world. Nestlé’s global HQ is located in Vevey, Switzerland and its US HQ has recently moved to Arlington, VA.
The US market is by far the largest Nestlé Market in terms of sales and profit, manufacturing footprint, and covers all the Nestlé businesses, i.e. Food & Beverage, Petfood, Waters, Nespresso, Skin Health and Health Sciences.
The tax department is a part of the Nestle finance organization responsible for all tax matters affecting the US operations, and is involved in all important mergers and acquisitions, treasury, and business structuring decisions. The tax department is a collaborative organization which works closely with legal, legislative affairs, treasury, accounting, human resources and business operations. The US personnel may be asked to assist other tax professionals globally on cross jurisdictional initiatives as well as the global tax functional leaders in Vevey, Switzerland.
• Preparation of quarterly and annual tax provision, including tax-related financial statement disclosures
• Calculate the effective tax rate and related disclosures
• Identify and document book-to-tax differences, reconcile tax filings to tax provisions, and test deferred tax balances
• Reconciliation of all income tax accounts and roll forwards
• Identify and document uncertain tax positions and reserves
• Incorporate tax accounting for mergers and acquisitions into financial reporting
• Interact with third party auditors
• Prepare and review all tax related journal entries
• Support tax planning, controversy and compliance groups
• Prepare tax management book for distribution to finance and tax leaders
• Other duties as assigned
• 5-8 years of general tax and tax accounting experience
• BA/Accounting related degree or CPA; Masters in Tax Preferred.
• Strong Excel and ONESOURCE Tax Provision knowledge and/or similar experience
• Self-motivated, team player/collaborative
• Detail oriented while also being a strategic thinker with a “can do” attitude
• Highly organized with excellent project management skills
• Experience working with financial accounting systems, to include SAP and Hyperion
• Understanding of ASC 740 or IFRS standards for Tax, preferred
• Experience in corporate controllers group a plus
• Up to 30% business travel
Job Number 18004406