Role and Scope of Position:
Supports comprehensive business group income tax needs including rate case support, tax provision, tax return preparation and tax planning. Also supports SEC, FERC and other regulatory reporting obligations. Computes and analyzes all income taxes recorded on the corporate books and presented in the budget. Participates in the preparation and filing of tax returns for the Eversource system.
2. Essential Functions:
Computes monthly income tax expenses for both federal and state.
Allocates by company the tax expense to current and deferred.
Prepares and files tax returns applicable to State Sales and Use, Gross Earnings and Motor Carrier Road Tax.
Prepares estimated payments for sales and use taxes.
Prepares schedules to be used in the federal tax returns.
Provides assistance in the preparation of the federal tax returns.
Assists in coordination of the investigational activities for all federal and state tax auditors, regulatory auditors, and outside auditors.
Analyzes, as requested, the income taxes presented on the corporate books, budgets or forecasts for management, regulatory reports, rate-case presentations or outside inquiries.
Provides necessary information and guidance to generate income tax expenses for rate cases, budgets, forecasts and the corporate financial model.
Prepares claims for tax refund associated with van pooling.
Prepares all pages referring to taxes for state and federal regulatory reports.
Provides assistance in maintaining the accuracy of data processing programs dealing with income taxes.
3. Technical Knowledge/Skill/Education/Licenses/Certifications:
• Knowledge of federal and state statutes and regulations pertaining to income taxes
• Knowledge of tax laws and requirements pertaining to corporate taxes
• Strong knowledge of basic accounting theory
• Strong knowledge of functional accounting practices and procedures
Other Preferred Knowledge:
• Knowledge of utility accounting and finance
• Knowledge of ratemaking theory and practice
POSITION PROFILE Effective Date:
• SEC Regulations
• Accounting research techniques
• Quantitative and qualitative analyses
• Ability to use and apply sound judgment
• Strong functional understanding of computerized accounting programs
• Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications (specifically Word and Excel)
• Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities
• Possess communication skills
• Team membership
• Demonstrates initiative and personal ambition to continue to learn and develop professionally
• Ability to interpret and relate complex information in a user-friendly manner
Education: A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or closely-related field required. A Master’s level degree and/or CPA designation is preferred. .
Experience: The selected individual must possess a minimum of 5 years (F Level) related accounting experience preferably in a corporate and/or public accounting environment
Licenses & Certifications: None
4. Working Conditions:
5. Problem Solving & Complexity:
6. Physical Aspects:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
POSITION PROFILE Effective Date:
• Position requires occasional travel by car.
Number of Openings: