Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), LLC provides mission support services to several federal agencies and the Department of Defense. With expert capabilities across four service areas, AIS facilitates some of the most demanding and critical missions in the world. Our work includes multiple aspects of training, safeguarding vital installations and personnel, maintaining and modifying aircrafts, keeping operations on track with integrated logistics, and driving business with records management and administrative support services.
The Task Order Strategic Communications Chief will support the Joint Staff J7 Joint Training program under AIS contractual purview. The Joint Training program will be directly engaged in all aspects involved in the planning, development, delivery, tracking and reporting of worldwide joint training. Additionally, the program will support emerging joint training and educational efforts supporting the Joint Staff, Combatant Commands and Services.
AIS, LLC provides a competitive salary and compensation package (health insurance, 401k, paid holidays, etc.).
JOINT TRAINING TASK ORDER STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS CHIEF / Location: SUFFOLK, VA
As the TASK ORDER STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS CHIEF, you will be entrusted to perform the following duties
1. Provide direct, strategic consulting support to government customer regarding current and future business planning and operation of online training capability.
2. Conduct review of National Security and Military Strategies, Department of Defense and Joint Staff training policies and guidance, and provides expert opinion on strategic implications and messaging for the program.
3. Maintain current strategic alignment documentation and messaging with regard to program National and Department level objectives and program activities.
4. Research learning science and learning technology trends through online papers, blogs, etc. and conferences in order to provide opinion and recommendations regarding strategic program initiatives and to recommend posture poised for Research, Development, Training and Education funding requests.
5. Attend meetings and conferences on behalf of government leadership and provide expert insight and reporting with regard to program equities.
6. Incorporate business acumen, expert communication skills and program knowledge to author program documentation, award nominations, journal articles, stakeholder communications and marketing materials.
7. Maintain “seat-at-the-table” with government leadership for weekly and monthly cross-functional, program meetings and provides weekly communication updates for government customer regarding program priorities.
8. Responsible to government customer for all planning, product development and delivery associated with program strategic planning, engagement and communication.
9. Engage directly with the government Public Affairs Office in properly vetting all communications products including videos, print products and articles for publication
10. Support external organizations such as the OSD Transition to Veterans Program Office Strategic Communications Working Group, Defense Health Agency communications strategy planning, and OSD Readiness Blended Retirement System communications strategy as required by the government customer.
11. Provide strategic perspective, thinking and clarity of articulation that government leadership will identify and utilize as a key asset in the implementation of program management.
12. Employ the development of a Social Media Strategy, collaborating with government PAO in implementation of new communications channels.
• Highly experienced, motivated, creative and passionate about all relevant components related to program planning and implementation of strategic communications to facilitate successful introduction and adoption of new joint training technology
• Excellent leadership, management, communication (oral and written), collaboration and reporting skills directly supporting the government customer in establishing a communications strategy and integrating that strategy throughout a global sponsor and stakeholder audience.
• Specific knowledge of required joint training task order expertise and other supporting technologies relevant to establishing a communications plan and integrating that plan throughout a global sponsor and stakeholder audience.
• Ability to support the Task Order Program Manager to manage the development and timely delivery of recurring reports involving In-Progress Reviews, Management Reports, Meeting minutes, Technical reports, Quality control plans, cost control, task management and security.
• Demonstrated ability to work with government customers in a fully integrated and comprehensive partnership arrangement.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities, with acute attention to detail.
• Positive, dedicated team player who requires minimal supervision to complete tasks and the willingness to take on special projects as needed, and deliver with products and contributions that exceed expectations
• Thirst for knowledge and always willing to learn and assist colleagues
• Bachelor of Science degree and 15+ years of relevant experience in management and leadership of related strategic communications support programs.
• Master’s Degree and/or specific experience in Joint Training Programs is an added plus.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.