Task Force Field Sales Manager - West Coast - (1800009J)
This position is responsible for targeted short term (Taskforce) sales efforts in partnership with the General Managers to impact hotels in need markets. The position will include sixty percent on client facing appointments to include backyard account calls, travel agency exposures, targeted customer appointments, and calls to potential demand generators. Forty percent of the time will be spent on phone sales and research to find new contacts, building relationships, uncovering new opportunities and growing revenues within assigned hotels. Success is measured by achieved strategic sales actions for assigned hotels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Execute strategic sales activation initiatives to increase market share and overall revenue growth.
- Qualify customer’s business needs and identify/process opportunities.
- Cultivate customer relationships for assigned hotels.
- Uncover new managed travel opportunities and new contacts within assigned hotels.
- Organize activities/resources in a manner that maximizes productivity and efficiency.
- Director of Field Sales and RVP to prioritize hotel assignments based upon market, demand generators, new business opportunities and NPS.
- Interface and communicate with General Managers and property team providing sales support, leadership, sales training/mentoring, strategic account acquisition and development, use of brand resources and market insight to assigned hotels.
- Promote an “Everyone Sales” culture.
- Accountable for setting sales strategies, listing all sales activities in Salesforce, and guiding hotel General Managers and Sales Coordinators in revenue generating sales activities.
- Implement strategic account management: utilize all available sales resources to develop multiple contacts, research various divisions/departments within an organization for full account qualification.
- Responsible for capturing transient and group business within all segments specific to assigned hotels.
- Ensure all customer inquiries and sales leads are responded to in a timely and efficient manner (24 hours or less).
- Utilize tools such as the STR report, H360, Data.com/LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Hoovers etc. as a resource.
- Leverage “Leads on Line” for all qualified lead opportunities.
- Maintain consistent and professional verbal and written communication with clients.
- Conduct onsite and field presentations to prospective clients utilizing approved La Quinta branded client facing resources.
- Be knowledgeable of new business opportunities and demand generators for assigned hotels.
- Provide detailed sales action plan for GM post assignment to ensure actions are clearly identified and appropriate follow up takes place.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Four year equivalent.
- 3-5 years Hotel Sales Experience
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Involves no responsibility or authority for the direction of others.
- Decisions and impact are limited to decisions and planning within a small workgroup/project team.
- Work is complex and varied and requires the selection and application of technical and detailed guidelines. Analytic ability needed to gather and interpret data where results/answers are found after analysis of several facts.
- Makes varied decisions; supervision is present to establish general objectives relative to a specific project, to outline the desired end product and to identify potential resources for assistance. Independent judgment is required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate of available guidelines and procedures, interpret precedents, and adopt standard methods or practices to meet variations in facts and/or conditions.
- Responds to and handles unfamiliar situations with some supervisory guidance.
- Has knowledge of office or operational procedures. Performs basic typing/word-processing, bookkeeping, checking of charts or records and posting of information to a database/spreadsheet, following instructions.
- Solves problems that generally involve the selection of standard procedures, organizing work, and checking results. Answers are usually found by selecting from specific choices defined in standard work policies or procedures.
- Completes work that requires improving methods or procedures affecting delivery of service to selected customers or the completion of small projects.
- Serves as a project team member working to achieve defined goals. Work is typical in nature with very few situations requiring new solutions.
- Requires regular contact within the department and periodic contacts with other departments, supplying or seeking information on specialized matters.
- Requires regular external contacts to carry out organization programs and to explain non-specialized matters. Position requires contacts with customers or the public which usually involve regular sales, service, or business relationships but where the primary responsibility for resolving difficulties lies with someone else.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Working conditions of the position are a normal office situation (home based).
- May work alone or closely with others.
- Requires 60% travel, including overnight stays.
- Work is completed sitting at a desk or table with intermittently standing or stooping.
- May be required to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
- May be required to do moderate lifting or carrying 25-50 lbs.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Requires good hearing.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide service to internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner.