As a Tank Production Manager, you will manage the total operation of the production lines of an assigned furnace on a 24 hour / 7 day a week basis through the line management system and continuous shift operation to maximize production performance within established safety, quality and cost parameters. There is one TPM allocated per furnace, responsible for all aspects of the production facility related to that furnace.
In this role, there is a particular emphasis of the role is to facilitate a team culture across all functional and cross functional disciplines for the operations within the assigned furnace. Through both formal and informal continuous improvement opportunities, implement and refine improvement ideas to maximize the performance of the total operations.
- Ensure that all Company policy, legislative, safety, environmental and quality required standards are implemented as appropriate and adhered to by all team members, including personnel of service providers.
- Drive the plant furnace to achieve the key performance goals (SAFETY, Quality, Total Best Cost, Productivity, and Flexibility) in line with Regional Objectives
- Ensuring the achievement of the budget targets pertinent to the furnace facility.
- Propose to Plant Manager a project portfolio with a continuous improvement principle in all areas of responsibility – technical, quality, safety, environment, financial, people
- Engaging the team and support initiatives.
- Make sound proposal to Plant manager for furnace & plant improvement and capital investment where applicable.
- Challenging the team based on the periodical result – daily and weekly – monthly, per furnace.
- Remove roadblock (technical and resources) that could impact the overall plant furnace results.
- Promote the collaboration among functions oriented to reinforce teamwork and synergies, make decisions between alternatives when necessary.
- Ensuring the coherency, alignment and integration of programs with corporate, regional and local strategy and focus on execution.
- Setting the priorities and balancing the resources aligned with the strategy.
- Promote transparent communication of furnace 3 months results (KPI) on meeting communications from Corporate, Region and Local two way to the shop floor and vice versa by cascading conducting meetings, Teamwork, plant steering committee, innovation ideas. Additionally, by conducting production meetings and communication the shop floor.
- Drive/Support execution and support initiatives around people and talent development, market opportunities, optimize resources to generate cash from operations to support the company investments.
- Ensure adequate resources from both internal and external service departments to ensure high performance and equipment reliability.
- Promote a Manufacturing Excellence culture that supports employee engagement and continuous improvement.
- Sponsor morning TPC meeting on daily and weekly bases
This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Minimum requirement of High School Degree or equivalent.
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Production or Operations Management, Engineering, Business, or other related disciplines.
- 5+ years glass industry experience with proven management/continuous improvement skills.
- 5+ years’ experience supervising/leading people and processes in a Manufacturing environment.
- Must have significant understanding of Flow Manufacturing concepts that use Continuous Improvement and Kaizen events.
- Computer literate w/ proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
- Adequate knowledge of informational systems & ability to analyze data (i.e. PIC, MCS, MCSII, VSPC, SAP, WorkBrain, ADP, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Strategic thinker, with clear vision and direction of change management.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor, and energize team member.
There may be some travelassociated with this position for training and/or project work
What We Offer:
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Relaxed and contemporary dress code
- Education Assistance program
- Adoption Assistance program
- and much more…