Job Description :
The Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) Sr. Manager of Talent and Strategic Workforce Development will provide Center of Excellence leadership in Talent Management and workforce strategy, with responsibility for performance consulting across the full Talent & Organizational Capability discipline.
Reporting directly to the Director of Talent & Organizational Capability (T&OC), this position will serve as key leader and interface to RMS senior and executive leaders, Human Resources professionals and the Corporate Workforce Strategy & Intelligence (WSI) team to identify and deliver on RMS workforce needs.
This individual will also partner closely with the Sr. Manager of Organizational Effectiveness and Capability Development and T&OC Operations Manager, as well as manage a team of individuals supporting the RMS Lines of Business and Functions.
Key responsibilities will include providing thought leadership to the talent management function, leveraging data analytics to push the discipline further and provide best in class talent solutions, and providing structure, guidance and support for identification of critical skills across the business.
As a member of the Integrated Talent Management Center of Excellence, this person will be expected to develop strategies to build our global talent strength and depth to ensure the organization has the requisite capabilities to meet current and future business needs.
Specific areas of focus include the following:
• Ensure understanding of the RMS business and its challenges, bringing the highest value talent solutions to the organization relative to business needs
• Provide oversight of Talent & Organizational Capability consulting across Lines of Business and Functions. Ensure breadth of understanding regarding diagnosis, solution recommendation, and implementation across the discipline
• Partner with Corporate Workforce Strategy and Intelligence (WSI) as well as the RMS Global Talent Acquisition (GTA), Total Rewards and Performance Management (TR&PM) and Global Diversity and Inclusion (GD&I) teams to build short-term and long-range workforce strategies and actions
• Build leadership succession pipelines and critical talent segments for current and future business needs utilizing methodologies that meet or exceed industry best practices.
• Provide leadership of the newly implemented RMS Talent Management process; Partner across the business to further define and execute the new process for RMS
• Provide oversight of Talent Development Teams for RMS talent pools
• Support VP succession planning and monthly RMS Executive Leadership Team (ELT) meetings
• Identify critical talent risks and gaps and build processes to address them
• Facilitate corporate talent review planning process for RMS and lead/support RMS talent reviews throughout the year
• Partner with the RMS Leaders for Global Diversity & Inclusion to build short term and long range talent diversity pipeline development strategies and actions
• Enhance delivery model for talent and strategic workforce development services in partnership with HR business partners
• Analyze data and identify business insights to guide and measure talent development efforts; Lead and manage development of talent metrics to provide insight into progress against Key Results
• Partner effectively with peer group, embedded HR resources across the globe, as well as business leadership, to ensure that competitive talent management programs are in place, and/or developed and aligned with the business objectives
• Build leader capabilities around identification, assessment and development of talent
• Link to Corporate and other Business Area Talent Management COE work to ensure best use of resources and identify opportunities for synergy across the corporation
• Stay current with external trends, best practices and innovative ideas in talent and workforce strategy
• Lead, coach and develop a team of direct reports
• 10+ years of relevant experience in organizations recognized for leading edge capability in Workforce Strategy, Talent Management, and Human Resources.
• Minimum of 7-10 years leading a, Corporate or Business Unit Talent Development, Workforce Strategy and/or OE Function, with large or complex organizations with geographically disbursed team members and clients
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Talent Management; development and succession planning of executive level talent (Directors and VP’s)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a specialist practitioner of Talent and Organizational Capability services including performance consulting, talent management, organizational design (OD), organizational effectiveness (OE), change management, Learning & Capability Development, or Human Resources Development.
• An exceptional leader with broad-based business acumen, sound judgment and proven, in-depth executive experience in talent management and workforce strategy.
• Demonstrated capability and grounding in business alignment, with HR Business Partner or direct business line experience preferred.
• Demonstrates characteristics that embody RMS’ five Cultural Imperatives: Relationships Matter, One Team, Be Bold, Embrace Change and All In
• Strong communications skills and executive presence, able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, external constituencies, and partners across the Lockheed Martin enterprise.
• Experience in diagnosing talent pipeline and workforce development requirements and translating these into practical interventions, including talent identification and development practices, processes and programs.
• Ability to recognize great talent and potential in individuals. S/He will lead an efficient process for talent pool and slate development as well as strategies to fill critical talent gaps.
• Prior success in driving best in class talent management strategy and processes throughout an organization.
• Strong relationships with external thought leaders in talent, workforce strategy, organizational effectiveness and leadership development. Awareness of the latest trends and best practices in this space.
• Ability to influence, collaborate and strategically partner across multiple areas within HR and all lines of business, ensuring sponsorship and buy-in from key stakeholders, in a complex and global business model.
• Proven ability to lead, develop and coach a team through challenging and sometimes ambiguous enterprise agenda. Proven track record of strategic thinking, translating strategy into action and execution
• Understanding of how to leverage data analytics to drive strategic workforce decisions. Fluent in innovative talent management tools, technologies and new practices.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated positive, can-do attitude, energetic, enthusiastic and goal-oriented
• Potential and interest to develop as a succession caliber candidate.
• Willingness to travel
• 12+ years’ experience and progressive/increasing scope with related Advanced Degree
• MS or MBA degree in Human Resource Management, Organization Design, Organizational Behavior, Effectiveness or Development or similar program preferred
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin’s Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives and competencies and experience with leadership development.
• HR business partner experience
• Experience assessing workforce gaps and designing and executing a workforce strategy
• Organizational development expertise
• Lean/Six Sigma certification and experience
• Experience working in an organization well known and respected for developing strong and innovative thinkers in HR.
• Experience leading in a matrix environment or an organization that has navigated large scale transformation is preferred