We know success will come through deep partnership and sponsorship from leaders across Intuit, and your ability to engage and work across boundaries throughout the organization will be essential. Success in this role will be excellence in global change management and partnering with functional peers to ensure our employees have a solid understanding of craft skills, and how these skills are used to support ongoing learning and growth.
What you'll bring
- Proven experience driving results in a complex, fast-paced organization
- Drives progress on defined priorities and activities while maintaining collaborative relationships
- Effectively prioritizes and organizes work for yourself and other members of a work team
- Surfaces issues/risks and works to remove barriers to getting work done
- Influences stakeholders of all levels
- Experience driving change and delivering at scale, globally with proven success
- Ability to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships
- Identifies the right partners required to move the work forward and engages them proactively
- Fosters an environment of continuous feedback and improvement and models this by seeking and giving feedback regularly
- Knowledge specific to the role
- 5+ years in Talent Management, Skills/Competency Development with experience leading substantial elements within these practice areas
- Previous experience in managing complex, cross-functional programs and initiatives
- Broad experience and knowledge across HR disciplines
- Advanced degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.