Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has a new opening for a Talent Development Associate to join the Human Resources Division. As part of the Learning & Organizational Development (L&OD) team, the Talent Development Associate is a self-starter who will drive successful execution of Berkeley Lab’s learning programs, initiatives, and tools across the employee lifecycle (i.e., onboarding, performance management, culture).
At L&OD, we are a thoughtful, action-oriented team who prioritizes collaboration, cross-functional expertise, and partnering with our internal clients to meet their unique needs. Our goal is to effectively deploy transformative learning programs to help our employees achieve career growth and development at Berkeley Lab. This is a great opportunity to work with an experienced HR team to expand your L&OD skills and build a rewarding career with a highly regarded research institution!
What You Will Do:
- Lead administration and communications for Berkeley Lab’s Tuition Assistance Program, Onboarding Program, & Performance Management Process.
- Develop, draft, and gather feedback about complex workflows and interdependencies between key L&OD programs and implementation plans. Heavily support organizational rollouts of high-profile programs, coordinating session logistics.
- Serve as technical producer and coordinator (and facilitator, as needed) for virtual and in-person immersive experiences.
- Support select L&OD consulting engagements, including conducting needs assessments, focus groups, interviews, and debriefs.
- Collaborate with L&OD team members and stakeholders to develop program agendas, presentation materials, and facilitator guides.
- Assist in debriefs and data analysis to proactively plan for future development.
- Contribute to content curation efforts by Learning Specialist to help employees engage and connect across roles and organizational divisions.
What is Required:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in consulting environments and/or in learning program delivery, and an Associate's or Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex assignments and assess priorities while delivering high-quality results.
- Strong track record and portfolio of successfully executed programs.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with all levels of employees.
- Highly proficient computer and digital skills (Mac and/or PC): Microsoft suite, Google Suite, Zoom, as well as other collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and applied problem-solving skills to research, and analyze complex information and/or problems in a logical manner. Excellent analytical skills and attention to details.
- Proven ability to work under general supervision, follow general guidance, adhere to prescribed business processes, set priorities and make sound decisions.
- Experience as a facilitator using various methods and modalities for training delivery.
- Experience with curriculum design and/or in administering educational assessments/learning evaluations.
- Prior experience utilizing a Learning Management System or other HR-related enterprise system.
- Experience with distance learning tools.
- For full consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by February 16, 2021.
- This is a full-time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- This position will be remote initially, but limited to individuals residing in the United States tentatively through 2021 due to COVID-19. Once the Bay Area shelter-in-place restrictions are lifted, work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. view the poster and supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."