In order to continue on our path of outperformance and steady growth, we are currently seeking a driven and business minded Talent Acquisition Specialist in Rochester Hills, Michigan, with a focus on the customer and the drive to making things happen.
The overall objective of this role is to further enhance Talent Acquisition (TA) activities & best practices across North America – to make sure we anticipate the market and that we are well positioned for competing in a fierce war for talent. At the same time, cooperating with the global TA Team – participating in global TA projects – with the goal to further enhance the maturity of our TA Function across the globe.
Reporting to our HR Leader Americas, you contribute directly to shaping WABCO’s Talent Acquisition Strategy for North America - all with the ultimate goal to fuel the performance objectives by hiring the best talent.
Function as the Talent Acquisition Point of Contact & Coordinator for the North American Market (70%):
- Developing recruiting strategy for North America that ensures business alignment, examines workforce plans, requires an understanding of the labor markets, and looks at global considerations
- Work with the HR Site Leaders/HR Business Partners and our external Recruiters to make sure we have state of the art recruitment processes, practices etc. being implemented and used.
- Administer recruitment process in our systems (PeopleSoft & TalentLink)
- Support the hiring manager on the creation/ review of the job descriptions for open positions.
- Partner with hiring managers and Futurestep to coordinate interview schedules with local interview teams.
- Interview, recommend and work with compensation and benefits to create the offer to the candidates.
- Coordinate candidate applications and background checks.
- Take the role of an advisor towards the HR Site Leaders and hiring managers on topics like CandidateExperience Management, Interviewing, Sourcing, …
- Manage Search & Selection Processes for more senior local recruitment roles and needs from A-Z, working directly with hiring leaders.
- Ensure a good network and cooperation with schools/universities
- Implement and further maintain the North America internship program in relation to operational needs.
- Partner with suppliers such as LinkedIn, agencies.
Work with Global Talent Acquisition Team (30%)
- Cooperate with Global Talent Acquisition and participate in global projects on the topics of:
- Employment Branding (2017)
- Recruitment Process Improvement (2017)
- Global Recruitment Skills Development (2017)
- Metrics & Analytics upscaling
- Drive recruitment skills development programs for the local market in cooperation with Global Talent Acquisition - Center of Excellence (TA COE); training on sourcing, stakeholder management, recruitment planning, etc.
- Work closely with Futurestep locally on continuous improvement, so we can assure that the partnership is further strengthened.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of Talent Acquisition & Recruiting experience; this experience has been gained across international and complex matrix driven environments, working in partnership with demanding business leaders
- Extensive full-cycle recruiting experience, including pro-active search
- Strong advisory and consultative skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to lead process changes and to support managers in decision making
- Ability to work with assessment tools (nice to have)
- High business acumen and customer/candidate focus (service mindset). Outside-in approach to HR.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with leaders across the business
- Foster engagement in the way to approach others
- Accountability, focused on executing with excellence
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player willing to join the efforts to better processes and better employee experience
- Strong influencing skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Global mindset
- Listening skills, empathy, emotional intelligence
- Focused on results
- Have passion for driving business outcomes through acquiring the right/best talent
- Technology acumen