At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Talent Acquisition Partner supporting Talent Acquisition for MedImmune (Biologics Research & Development), you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Talent Acquisition helps to deliver AstraZeneca’s ambitious business strategy through recruiting best in class (internal and external) talent to meet the needs and demands of the business. Talent Acquisition at AstraZeneca is transforming. Our ambition is to build a world class function by being more proactive with our recruitment approach and developing long term pipelines of talent. We are passionate about delivering a truly differentiated candidateexperience and are building in house teams to deliver this for the business. If you are motivated by the opportunity to drive that change then join us!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for developing and implementing Talent Acquisition strategies in partnership with the Human Resources Business Partners, Global Talent Acquisition Leads, Senior Business Leaders and Hiring Managers to identify and fill vacancies with talented individuals with the right capability and skills in a timely and cost efficient manner. Your role will involve proactive activity anticipating talent needs, developing and executing sourcing plans, screening, interviewing, pre-selecting, offer management and managing the hiring administration process. Typical accountabilities will include:
- Developing and managing recruitment services delivery, both personally and through vendors, against delivery of key Time, Cost and Quality targets and metrics
- Proactively building and developing relationships with Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners and other colleagues - providing consultation, project management and service delivery
- Developing strong partnerships with hiring managers and candidates, building a bench of qualified candidates to meet both current and anticipated business needs
- Ensuring assigned recruitment services are in compliance with Global Recruitment and country policies/guidelines
- Managing 3rd party providers to required procurement and policy standards
- Gathering and analyzing feedback from various sources for continuous improvement
- Participating in all activities in the recruitment life cycle including; sourcing planning, screening, interviewing, pre-selecting, offer management, hiring and onboarding
- Educating business client in the use of interviewing approach, recommend resources and techniques for interviewing, assessing and evaluating applicants
- Working with continuous improvements to ensure that the way of working remains fit for purpose and exploiting new ways of working and lean methodology to ensure a great candidate and hiring manager experience
- Appropriately challenging the recruitment process to ensure hiring activities have the appropriate priority and to select the top candidate considering a mix of skills, abilities, potential, and diversity.
- Advising clients about recruitment responsibilities, legal requirements and appropriate candidate management techniques; providing resources and tools as needed to educate and enhance the skills of individuals involved in the hiring processes
- Minimum of 7years of relevant talent acquisition experience
- Expert in delivering full life cycle recruitment services
- Expert in identifying and securing passive candidates via various ‘direct’ channels – Social Media; LinkedIn etc., networking, market mapping, careers fairs, industry events etc
- Highly competent IT skills, including all Microsoft office, spreadsheets, databases, reports and able to produce meaningful management information.
- Advanced communication, presentation and project management skills
- Proven experience in implementing change programs
- Advanced Stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Strong persuading, influencing, negotiating and consultation skills
- Ability to build and maintain a vast network of professional relationships
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Comprehensive knowledge of government regulations regarding employment topics
- Bachelor's Degree
- Deep understanding of Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industry
- Corporate recruiting experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry