Please make sure to attach both a resume and cover letter to complete your application.
Are you an experienced talent acquisition leader with at least 7 years of experience and a bias for action who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Having the right people in the right roles determines whether or not we meet our goals at the ASPCA, and what we do every day helps improve the lives of animals, ultimately helping to create a better society. The Talent Acquisition Partner will collaborate with hiring managers to attract outstanding and diverse talent for open roles and help convert them to hires. If you have a passion for animal welfare and building and implementing best in class recruitment and hiring tools while caring deeply about the quality of the experience for candidates and hiring managers alike, apply today! This position is an individual contributor.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Open Position Management (60%)
- Proactively build a pipeline of exceptional and diverse talent: includes identifying, meeting with, and cultivating top talent for future roles
- Champion consistency and standards in recruitment policies and practices
- Use a variety of sourcing techniques to find exceptional and diverse candidates for full-time and temporary roles
- Review application materials and phone screen the most competitive candidates to present them to the hiring manager for additional interviews
- Partner with hiring managers to write accurate and compelling scorecards and job descriptions and to design effective interview processes, as well as interview assignments and questions to collect the specific evidence needed to make strong hiring decisions
- Coach hiring managers on effective interview techniques, modeling effective interviewing, and guiding them through evidence-based decision-making
- Develop hiring manager’s abilities to utilize engaging recruitment strategies to increase their proficiency and engagement to source and attract top talent
Open Position Recruitment Strategy (20%)
- Develop creative and innovative strategies for sourcing and acquiring top talent for either direct animal care positions, our kitten nursery or non-direct animal care positions
- Build relationships with key internal/external partners to assure that our outreach is inclusive and our talent pipelines are rich and diverse
- Influence overall strategy as an active member of Talent Acquisition Team
- Establish an evidence-based approach to analyzing activity and trends through appropriate data collection and metrics along with anecdotal summaries of sourcing and hiring trends
Administrative Work related to Recruitment (20%)
- Utilize our applicant tracking system effectively to ensure our hiring process is efficient and hiring data is accurate
- Partner with new hires to ensure completion of their onboarding activities
- Manage an efficient hiring process, ensuring that hiring managers are kept up to date on the status of candidates and that candidates receive frequent communication throughout the hiring process
- Responsible for either building and maintaining relationships with temp organizations to help us staff temporary positions or building and maintaining a campus recruitment strategy
- Minimum of 5 years recruitment experience
Exemplifies the ASPCA’s Core Values:
- Has Commitmentand dedication to improving the lives of animals
- DemonstratesOwnership and feels responsible for outcomes
- Believes in Team – that we are stronger together
- Seeks to Elevateothers and reimagine what is possible ability
- Focuses on Impact, specifically making change for animals
- Drives Creativity and Innovation: Loves to take a blank canvas, research the best of current trends, and develop something new and impactful to grow our people.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships: Ability to successfully work with and appropriately influence colleagues at multiple levels in multiple functions, including collaborative design and delivery
- Thinks Critically and Strategically: Entrepreneurial leader with a flexible mindset and a demonstrated ability to build robust systems, manage organizational change, initiate key innovations and grow high-performing teams.
- Achieves Quality Results: Ability to manage several projects and ensure on time and on budget execution.
- Demonstrates Perseverance: Feels comfortable flexing and developing contingency plans as priorities shift. Proven track record of working in a matrixed environment and thrives in an environment where there is ambiguity.
- Fosters Open Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate directly and diplomatically with all level of employees.
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with driving measurable results and operational excellence, • Able to build strong relationships and to influence and motivate people to desired outcomes, • Able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a track record of sourcing, selecting and convincing diverse “A players” to join an organization, • Able to work independently with a solution-based orientation to problem-solving, • Enthusiasm for operating amidst complexity and change, • Exceptional project management and execution skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines, • Strong attention to detail; prioritizes effectively and meets deadlines; does not let details slip through the cracks, • Welcomes constructive feedback and incorporates feedback quickly
Education and Work Experience:
Human Resources Experience, Recruiting Experience