The Talent Acquisition Manager will play an integral role in the overall success and expansion of Axiom’s Southwest region by developing strategies to attract and hire legal talent at a pivotal time in our region’s growth.
Not only will you be afforded a high degree of independence, but you will have the opportunity to work (and play a management role!) in a fast-paced environment with an amazing group of fun and talented people as we continue to build a first-rate team of lawyers to support our corporate clients on engagements locally and across our global offices.
Specifically, in this role, the Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing, leading, and executing against Southwest Region talent acquisition strategy, including identification and attraction of top-tier legal talent through passive and active sources including job postings, social networking, internet research, referrals, social media, user groups, professional associations, cold calling, and direct recruiting.
- Staying current on recruiting issues and trends in the legal industry to inform and lead the recruitment strategy for the region.
- Serving as the principal point of contact for candidates – managing individuals through full cycle recruiting, while ensuring a positive and efficient candidateexperience.
- Cultivating relationships and maintaining close communication with local networking groups, law school alumni groups, professional organizations, and external recruiters in the market.
- Working with and advising both local and global leadership on trends and recruitment activity levels in the Southwest Region.
- Evaluating client demand in partnership with our commercial team and keeping a strong pulse on supply pipeline – using such information to direct the regional hiring strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Developing and leading local recruitment campaigns, strategic programming, and brand-building related events for current and prospective lawyers.
- Directly managing and developing a junior recruiter in the Houston office, and working with and mentoring other junior recruiters across the organization.
Successful candidates must be a fit for both the role as well a fit within Axiom’s unique operating environment and culture, made manifest by our core values.
- Committed: We love the company we’re building with undignified enthusiasm. We’re committed to our mission, our clients and our people. We celebrate our successes, learn from our failures and find opportunity in adversity.
- Fresh: We exist to inject new energy and new thinking into a precedent-bound profession. We combine innovation, personality and logic in a way that invigorates our clients and our colleagues.
- Irresistible: There’s a certain inevitability to Axiom and our business model, which makes it irresistible to clients. What’s more, we surround ourselves with talented people who have a contagious energy and incurable passion.
- Thoughtful: We pride ourselves on listening and relating to our colleagues and clients in a way that’s genuine, human and memorable. We take a consultative approach; work with our clients to help solve business problems. And we care about the little things.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this particular role:
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in legal recruiting
- Highly persuasive verbal communication skills, and excellent written communication skills
- Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact and build relationships with candidates; strong interpersonal skills are essential
- Innate ability to build relationships with sophisticated lawyer candidates as well as internal stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and a tremendous amount of initiative, multi-tasking, and organizational abilities
- Superb time management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Genuine interest in the Axiom model and our place in the changing legal landscape
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Undergraduate degree is required. Top-tier college or university preferred.