First Level Officer, Talent Acquisition Consultant The successful Talent Acquisition Consultant effectively fills positions on a timely basis by recruiting, screening, interviewing, and converting candidates.
Successful incumbents are action oriented, have strong banking acumen, can manage conflict, are customer focused, can make quality decisions, have interpersonal savvy, can learn on the fly, have organizational agility, are skilled at peer relationships, can listen effectively and are problem solvers.
Scope of Knowledge
Possess and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to aid in the completion of moderate to highly complex assignments in Human Resources Talent Acquisition.
- Under limited supervision, takes an individual contributor role in the execution of administers policies and programs to a client base in the following areas: Human Resources Talent Acquisition; heavy emphasis on Sourcing Management.
Sourcing Management -- Actively source and recruit qualified candidates utilizing various search tools, processes and strategy.
- Independently conduct individual searches for responsible open positions utilizing active, colleague, and passive candidate search strategies.
- Determine necessary sourcing strategy and provide consultation to the hiring manager regarding direction.
- Assist Talent Acquisition leadership with the execution of large complex search projects for a given line of business.
- Assessment Management -- Independently screen qualified candidates to assess for basic qualifications as well as to assess experience and competency fit utilizing appropriate selection tools.
- Make independent decisions on the recommendations to hiring managers of the best qualified candidates for the position.
- Drive overall selection process to ensure compliance with established selection process.
- Candidate Management -- Provides full life-cycle compelling recruiting services with limited supervision to candidates, ultimately attracting them to Comerica.
- Disposition candidates in an OFCCP compliant and consistent manner.
- Understand candidates' needs. Make decisions and adjust needs to Comerica's positions. Ensure candidates have a realistic job description and preview.
- Correspond with candidates that are moving through the selection process, keep them interested and maintain a remarkable experience throughout.
- Convert candidates to an offer effectively. Conduct brief equity, market, and candidate analysis to determine what it will take for a candidate to accept an offer prior to an offer being made.
- Maintain candidate records and follow-up correspondence in the applicant tracking system. - Independently demonstrate an organized and systematic approach to candidate management.
- Hiring Manager Management - Consult with hiring managers to learn their unique needs and requirements, present fully qualified candidates and manage interviews and offers.
- Have a thorough understanding of the position and establish the hiring manager's expectations on quality of service, quality of candidate, speed, timing and costs.
- Represent candidates with balanced advocacy to hiring managers.
- Facilitate the interview events efficiently and effectively.
- Facilitate the candidate selection process, providing sound candidate feedback and recruiting expertise to the hiring manager and interviewers.
- Ensure interview training is provided when needed.
- Ensure interview and selection compliance, including interview recordkeeping and documentation.
- Manage feedback and follow-up throughout the interview and negotiation process.
- Reporting & Communication -- Under the supervision of your manager assist in providing accurate and timely reporting and communication of staffing results and metrics.
- HR Management - Consult with HR directors and HR consultants in partnership with your manager in a timely manner to ensure consistent and equitable selection practices within business units and departments.
- Compliance Management - Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and recommend corrections when necessary. Ensure completion of necessary compliance related training.
Some travel is required of this position.
Relocation is not available for this position. Qualifications - Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 4 years HR experience including 2 years of talent acquisition, recruiting and sourcing experience
- 1 year project participation
- 1 year fundamental knowledge and application of Web 2.0 search techniques
- 2 years of experience using any major applicant tracking system
- Intermediate proficiency of MS Office
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday