Are you passionate about the automotive industry? Do you enjoy being inspired by true leaders in the industry? Are you constantly looking for new challenges and need a stimulating environment to perform in? If you say yes to all this then you would be a great addition to the growing team at Uni Select. We are currently looking to hire for the following position.
Talent Acquisition Advisor
Uni-Select Inc. is Canada’s leader in the distribution of automotive parts, tools and equipment to the automotive aftermarket. We are currently in an exciting growth phase delivering strong financial results including operating over 60 corporate stores with the goal of continuing to increase that number through acquisitions and green field opportunities.
In support of this growth, we are looking for a Talent Acquisition Advisor supporting the head and corporate office. Reporting to the HR Manager, the hired person will support or lead recruitment initiatives and activities. The chosen candidate will play integral role in executing talent acquisition initiatives, providing great internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Working with the HR Manager, the Talent Acquisition Advisor will need to demonstrate creativity and proactively fuel the pool of candidates in relation to business objectives.
The incumbent will support strategies that will radiate the employer brand and will act as an Ambassador at various networking/recruitment events.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES
- Working with their HR Manager, the Talent Acquisition Advisor will develop and implement strategies for recruitment based on business division’s needs
- Support the complete cycle of hiring to attract the best talent and establish key performance indicators;
- Act as a consultant to managers and HR colleagues at the level of the process of recruitment and selection, organizational work and in different projects of optimization of management tools
- Identify new sources of recruitment (social media, job etc. fairs)
- Work with hiring managers and HR Manager to identify staffing needs and determine selection criteria
- Source potential candidates through online channels (e.g. social platforms and professional networks)
- Assess candidate information, including resumes and contact details, using our Applicant Tracking System
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Working with HR Manager and Hiring Manager to draft offers of employment for successful candidates
- Present offers of employment to successful candidates as required
- Working with the HR Manager and Hiring Manager; support the design of job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements
- Support employer branding initiatives
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events
- Forecast quarterly and annual hiring needs by department
- Foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates
- Stay up to date with industry trends and provide insights to HR Team and Business unit
- Develop and foster relationships with managers in supported business group
- At least seven years of experience in a similar role as a Talent Acquisition Advisor
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, result oriented environment with many partner and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and take full advantage of the shared services support that is available
- Solid consulting experience and analytical skills; focused on results, skilled at building strong professional relationships at all organizational levels
- Experience in recruiting administration, finance, legal, IT and any other professional, manager and leader positions
- High degree of comfort and expertise working with social media, resume databases and professional networks
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or relevant field
- Fluently bilingual in French and English, written and oral, is mandatory.