Watts Water Technologies/tekmar Controls is leading edge Global Electronics digital business harnessing the power of the cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of things, and design thinking. We are leading change that brings value to our customers, partners, and shareholders through the creation of innovative software and data-driven products. Tekmar Control Systems is at the forefront of this change with our TAG Team (Technology Advanced Group) and our R&D Services.
The TAG Team will engineer contemporary architecture and services, constructing solutions that remain scalable and adaptable. The team’s proven experience will help excel our growth and innovation, taking our products to a world-class level and lead the industry.
This team member will thrive on challenging the status-quo, embrace new technology and intelligent risk taking, imparts passion and innovation, and excels in a fast paced collaborative team environment that is results driven on deliverables.
Our goal is to provide to innovate faster and drive our competitive advantage. As a member of the WATTS/tekmar TAG Team, the candidate will be involved in leading the TAG team in the design, development and implementation of our enterprise global electronics core platform. He/She will be part of transforming our organization through the delivery of our technology products and impact directly our growth. TAG will be responsible and focused on the agile development of the global electronics platform while collaborating with our data, connectivity, application and product teams.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and excel in a growing and innovative company that’s world class and leading the industry.
The TAG, Electronic Hardware Engineer IIIreport to theTechnology Advancement Manager, will collaborate withhardware/mechanical/softwaredevelopers; and Managers throughout Watts, to promptly conceptualize and specify minimum viable prototypes for testing, evaluation and validation of innovative electronic products. As a member of theTechnology Advancement Group, the individual will analyze new product ideas andtechnologies, assist in developing requirements, concepts and specifications for delivery to the New Product Development (NPD) stream.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Review, assess and understand product requirements including overall system architecture, design, interface, and verification plans creating product concepts and specifications suitable to begin product development.
- Perform qualitative risk analysis to understand associated risks, probabilities and impact.
- Participate in developing and executing our global Watts R&D and innovative strategies and associated processes.
- Optimize new and existing product lines in support of wireless network connectivity, “Internet of Things” (IoT) and advanced technology solutions.
- Create Schematics and/or PCB layouts using CAD tools.
- Perform circuit simulations and calculations to support proposed electronic hardware designs, including support for modeling/analysis for mechanical research initiatives.
- Offer design suggestions for mechanical requirements where necessary including valves, brackets, enclosures, using various materials (metal, plastic etc).
- Ability to perform FMEA on proposed designs.
- Understand and apply Design and Manufacturing (DFM) concepts.
- Be accountable to deliverables in a fast paced agile environment.
- Works on assigned projects where the objectives may only be defined at a high leve
- Compiles and analyzes data; prepares information reports and provides input into technical decisions.
- Collaborates with other departments or Watts companies developing software, electronics or mechanical hardware.
- Includes 10% travel with the opportunity for worldwide travel and a global organization.
- l and where many components have no prior art.
- BachelorDegree in Engineering Degree or Technologist Diploma with equivalent experiencerequired (Electrical, Electronics, Automation, Mechatronics or similar).
- Minimum 10 years of electronic hardware design and development experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Operational and architectureexperience with a variety of technologies and products across multiple engineering domains.
- Understand the design of electroniccircuits, schematics, and printedcircuitboards and:
- Recommends tests, analysis and performs research; recommends solutions for review
- Recommending new components and/or circuits
- Certification agency requirements, i.e. UL, CSA, CE, FCC.
- Experience in embedded microcontroller design
- Experience in wireless design a definite asset.
- Testing/debugging/documentationof new hardware designs using but not limited to:
- Prototype testing
- Physical testing
- Documents testing results
- Electronic design using schematic and PCB designs tools. Experience with Altium will be considered a strong asset.
- Mechanical design using 3D CAD software. Experience with SolidWorks will be considered a strong asset.
- Conceptual design using graphical software, such as Adobe Ilustrator and/or MS Visio, is a strong asset
- Strong conceptual and visionary thinking.
- Possess solid understanding of software development fundamentals.
- Proficiency with standard software such as Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic working environment.
- Strong communication, both written and oral.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of peers and audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations using critical thinking skills and be decisive while working cooperatively with others.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and creating innovation solutions.
- Self- directed to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.