As a Tactical Radios / Electronic Warfare Systems Software Developer, typical job functions include:
- Participation on collaborative, cross-discipline integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate real-time embedded software products for Tactical Radio and Electronic Warfare Systems. Products include software running on real time embedded hardware (General Purpose Processors, Digital Signal Processors, etc.) as well as the associated diagnostic, analysis, and support application software.
- Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, flight test, and field support.
- 2+ years of work related experience with application software; see examples in desired skills.
- BS / BA from an ABET accredited university with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field.
- Software development experience with C, C++, or related languages.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience spanning software design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY, SYSBIOS, or other RTOS.
- Experience with RTOS IDEs, workbenches, or equivalent development tools.
- Experience in Communications (Radios) or Electronic Warfare domains.
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
- Experience with Signal Processing algorithm implementation, MATLAB, Simulink, or similar modeling tools.
- Exposure to Communications Systems or Parallel Processing.
- Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.
Why Choose Raytheon
Invest in yourself by investing in a career at Raytheon. We supportcareer development in both technical and management paths, with numerous internal and external training opportunities, educational assistance programs, rotational training and development, mentoring, and leadership development programs. We emphasize work life-balance and encourage employees to take advantage of our flexible work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities.
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
• One of the top ten “Best Companies for Women to Work” by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
• Among the “Best Places to Launch a Career” by Business Week magazine
• A “Top 50 Employer” by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals