Job Summary: The Intelligence Systems Group of the Asymmetric Operations Sector needs an experienced leader for a team of scientists and engineers researching and developing perception solutions for our Special Operations, Homeland Protection, and Cyber Operations missions.
- Application of Systems Engineering Principles: Apply sound systems engineering principles to data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning projects. Define operational problem statements and associated operational and technical system requirements. Support end-to-end test and evaluation activities. 40%
- Project Management: Serve as Project Manager for data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other intelligence-related projects. Assume responsibility for project cost, schedule, and performance. 30%
- Technical Reviewer. Work with the group's chief engineer to ensure research integrity, and development quality. Perform quality reviews, proposal reviews, and overview of publications and presentations by members of the section. 15%
- Technical Contributor. Research, design, implement, and test machine perception solutions across a wide range of sensor modalities. 10%
- Leader and Mentor. Provide senior leadership for scientists and engineers by mentoring, coaching, and encouraging junior staff. Contribute to vision and goals, future improvements, strategic direction, and staff planning. 5%
: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related technical field.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and spoken) skills.
- Minimum 15 years experience applying standard systems engineering principles to a variety of DoD and Intelligence Community technical domains.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of operational requirements and supporting measures of effectiveness and performance.
- Minimum 5 years experience with ISR systems, data collection, and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and leading teams of up to 10 contributors.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the DoD COCOMs, Special Operations forces, Intelligence Community, and Department of Homeland Security.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and assessment of material, training, logistics, personnel and facilities capability solutions to operational needs.
- General understanding of artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts and applications.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- In-depth knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning applications to DoD problem sets.
- Working knowledge of planning and execution of current operations in areas relevant to DoD COCOMs, Special Operations forces, Intelligence Community, and Department of Homeland Security.
- Understanding of DoD / DHS capability development, acquisitions processes and studies such as JCIDS, JREM, Analysis of Alternatives, Mission / Utility assessments, and cost-benefit analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in transitioning capabilities to DOD Services and DHS Operational Units.
- Demonstrated experience in DODAF Operational and System View development and analysis.
- Experience with Program Management, including direct engagement with government sponsors to define operational needs.
Special Working Conditions
- Staff member may require occasional travel to CONUS sites for sponsor engagement, site surveys, or test events (up to 5% of time).