Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
Harris Tactical Network Solutions department is seeking an Applications Developer interested in developing software solutions for a diverse range of Harris Application Software Products, supporting Harris military and first-responder radios. Harris Applications support a wide range of capabilities, including Battlefield Management, Deployment/Operational Planning, Radio Configuration/Programming, Key Management, Frequency Analysis, Geospatial Planning/Mapping, Tactical Messaging, Tactical Email and Network Monitoring. Work involves design and development of software for Windows PC or Android Phone/Tablet platforms using Visual Studio or other toolsets in a process-oriented environment. Responsibilities include requirements review, task-oriented development, unit testing, troubleshooting/repairing software defects and support of software test activities for product features in a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering or similar degree (with equivalent experience in software engineering) required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Up to one yearexperience as a professional developer
- Proactive, fast learner with interest in learning new skills
- Ability to manage time, take direction and perform software development tasks independently, with limited oversight
- Strong communication skills, and ability to effectively interact with team members
- Experience using Visual Studio, Eclipse or Android Studio toolsets
- Experience with application technologies, such as: .NET, C#, WinForms, Java, WPF, MVVM, JSON, SQL, C++, XML, XSLT, SQL, LINQ, C++, MFC, Device Drivers
- Experience working on software in a disciplined environment (code reviews, unit testing, requirements, design, defect handling, source control), using defined engineering processes (Agile, Waterfall)
- Experience in relevant tools: JIRA, DOORS, Collaborator, SVN, GIT, Bamboo, Installshield, Version Manager