Job Description :
Candidate will support environmental (temperature, altitude, vibration, shock, etc.) Design Verification Testing (DVT) of a number of subsystems. Some of these DVTs will be performed by the candidate, others by subcontractors requiring detailed oversight and others by subcontractors requiring little to no over-sight.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Review of subcontractors proposed test plans and Test Readiness Review (TRR) material
• Witness of tests performed by subcontractors
• Writing test procedures and preparing TRR material for natural and induced environmental testing
• Execution and report of environmental testing
• Providing management with summary status of numerous test events
• Supporting the system requirements team in development of requirements
Prior experience with system integration and test, specifically platform integration, develop of interface control documents, and airworthiness requirements are required
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail
Systems Test Engineers perform verification and validation (V&V) testing of developed systems to assure their designed performance meets customer requirements and are capable of performing their intended missions in user operational tests.
Prior to V&V, System Test Engineers participate in the DOORS requirements definition process by assuring that requirement compliance, traceability, and testability is built in to the system integration process from the module level through completed integrated system delivery. Risk reduction testing is an integral part of this process.
Documentation of the integration and test flow process permits the development and allocation of resources including test articles, test facilities, and associated test equipment.
The range of testing includes functional verification, performance verification, environmental qualification, flight testing, and any subsequent hardware and software development testing that may be required prior to formal Government trials and acceptance tests.
Previous Design Verification and Testing Engineering experience is required.
Candidate must have a secret clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years to be considered qualified for this position.
• Familiarity with system requirements development, interpretation, and flowdown
• Familiarity with environmental testing
• Experience with DOORS is beneficial.