AARP is seeking an organized, self-motivated, detailed-oriented Tableau developer and analyst to fill our Tableau Developer / Advisor role. The candidate will be part of the Data Analytics and Performance Management team (DAPM), supporting the new centralized Reporting and Insights Capabilities (RAIC) initiative and will develop Tableau reporting and analytic products to facilitate data access and analytics throughout the enterprise. You will work closely with other DAPM and RAIC team members in fielding requests for reporting and visualization products from internal clients of various departments to develop solutions using data and visualization practices.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for data and visualization analytics and have a strong understanding of data concepts and programming skills. The candidate will primarily use Tableau products, but should possess skills to access and manipulate data sources located in internal data systems whether via SAS, Databricks, AWS, or Tableau tools. He or she should be able to work well in a multi-functional team in designing a compelling reporting product and be able to communicate well with clients.
- Design performance Tableau dashboards, applications, and storytelling.
- Use data and programming skills to transform and manipulate data sources as needed.
- Partner with other DAPM and RAIC team members to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Consult with internal clients on building user stories; including ascertain the true business need and guide the business on the most value-add product(s) that meet the business objectives.
- Document end products, via catalog, to track available reports and the data dependencies.
- Provide recommendations and insights to clients on design elements.
- Understand how clients ultimately utilize the data
- Deliver Tableau capabilities as a visual data analysis expert.
- Collaborate with RAIC to establish best practices by sharing experiences and knowledge within the team; including providing quality assurance of teammates deliverables as well as data inputs utilized.
- Provide quality, accurate, and consistent service to the clients.
- Familiarity with Jira, a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with agile/scrum, a plus, but not required
- Undergraduate degree in information systems, analytics or related discipline with 5+ years of experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in Tableau, with experience in Tableau Prep.
- Prior experience in a data-driven environment (membership, health, finance, or insurance organization a plus).
- Experience with programming with various databases a plus.
- Highly process oriented, with a desire for continuous improvement of processes and associated documentation of efforts.
- Action orientation. A decisive, quick study with proven analytical ability and strategic business and product development/management skills.
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people, to gain internal respect and build consensus with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- Analytical software skills (SAS, Apache Spark, Databricks); understanding of relational database concepts.