More information about this job
Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health Solutions we pride ourselves on being Collaborative and customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
- Leapfrog the Competition by Differentiatingourselves and providing innovative solutions
- Build a High Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity
- Make it Fun by Connectingas one passionate high-energy team.
- Connect with Symphony! Collaborate with Customers! Differentiate Yourself!
The Tableau Application Developer’s role is to design, develop and enhance software applications. This can also include translating business requirements from functional specifications into technical requirements for development, application evaluation, application configuration, application and integration testing as well as completing appropriate change management documentation. The Tableau Developer will also be responsible to deliver support to end users in the organization for specific software applications. This includes troubleshooting applications (providing Level Three support) and software for all internal end users and external customers to resolve trouble issues per documented trouble tickets.
- Format and manipulate data based on user requirements
- Troubleshoot & resolve report quality and/or performance issues
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Flexible in your approach and innovative in your solutions
- Evaluate and recommend tools & charting components to enhance future reporting solutions
- Comfortable in front of business users & clients, being able to explain technical issues to non-technical people
- Methodical work habits and able to meet deadlines
- Work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Participate in report deployments in production environment as needed
- Understands and can apply UI/UX best practices to reporting solutions
- Dashboard Development
- Maintain multiple report versions
- Build & manage effective and efficient report deployment processes
- Document business rules that are applied throughout reporting solutions
- Design and develop various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop
- Utilized advanced features of Tableau software to blend and join data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once
- Create Prompts, customize Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards
- Create and modify interactive Dashboards and guided navigation links
- Combine views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop
- Build and publish customized interactive reports and dashboards using Tableau server.
- Create action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau
- Effectively used data blending, filters, actions, Hierarchies feature in Tableau.
- Execute and test required queries and reports beforepublishing.
- Working extensively using multiple tools including Oracle and Redshift SQL to validate and reconcile data.
- Ensure consistency on all worksheets/dashboards within a product line or workbook.
- One or more years of experience in developing reports in Tableau
- Three or more years of hands on experience developing reports using any reporting platform like MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Cognos or QlikView or MicroStrategy
- Able to design, build, maintain & deploy complex reports in Tableau
- Experience integrating Tableau into another application like Salesforce or native platforms is a plus
- Fluent in constructing SQL stored procedures, view, and functions
- Understand basic statistical routines (mean, percentiles, significance, correlations) with ability to apply in data analysis
- Able to turn ideas into creative & statistically sound decision support solutions
- Experience including analysis, modeling, design, and development of Tableau reports and dashboards for analytics and reporting applications.
- Have good understanding of Tableau architecture, design, development and end user experience.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 9.x – 10.4
- Knowledge in various reporting objects like dimensions, measures, attributes, hierarchies, filters, calculated fields, sets, groups, parameters etc.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills using Tableau and SQL debugging skills
- Very proficient in working with large Databases in Oracle and Redshift
- Experienced in developing rich, interactive reports and dashboards integrating various reporting components from multiple sources.