We are looking for Tableau Admin for our client in Richardson, TX
Job Title: Tableau Admin
Job Location: Richardson, TX
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- The individual holds responsibility to deploy, maintain and support Tableau software systems
- Data Engine, Gateway, server, application manager, backgrounder data server , search engine etc. including integration with databases ,data warehouses and report writing.
- Critical to this role is the need to interface with both operations and technical personnel to ensue the integrity and availability of the Tableau environment.
Key Responsibilities :
- Install and Configuration of Tableau application and its components
- Start and stop the application services
- User Account Management – Create and manage user RnR, Security
- Patch Management – Review and Execution of technology and Bug fixes Patches
- Life Cycle management of Software - Monitor the de-supported Software versions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring of Tableau application and its Components for Availability
- Monitor the space usage, log files for any error and server usage ( Capacity Monitoring)
- Performance Management – Monitor the performance of Tableau application and its components ( Excluding Application Programs).
- Backup of application and its components configuration files
- Backup of Application Metadata and repository
- Troubleshooting – Service Requests, Incidents, Problem related to BI Application and its components technologies/framework (exclude program / code issues)
- Release Management – Deployment of codes
- Change Management – Review and execute approved changes on BI application and its components
- Upgrade of Tableau applications and its components
- DR Support – Monitor and maintain the DR setup. Participate in DR Drills
- CMDB – Update the CMDB for Tableau its components
- Application Support – Provide the BI admin support to application team as and when required on technology and its framework.
- Peer team Co-ordination - Work with other peer team (OS, Storage, Network, Compute) for infrastructuresupport.
- Support the purging / Archiving the data activity as per Purging/Archiving Policy
- Technology / Framework troubleshooting for Tableau applications
- Create and Update of SOP for all admin works
- SSL and SSO support to Tableau Applications
- Monitor, Manage and Support the High Availability on BI applications
- Co-ordination with vendor for Software support as per Client-Vendor agreement
- 7+ years of Technical/Business Consulting experience.
- At least 5 years experience working as part of a reporting team using Tableau
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, administering ,and troubleshooting Tableau environment
- Strong client relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in engagement with multiple management levels across technical users and business units.
- Experience with developing and maintaining technical documentation, process documentation, etc.
- Experience in managing and mentoring others in the team