- Provide break/fix and installation IT support in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Related systems include ISNS, CANES, CENTRIXS, and SCI along with all associated installed applications.
- The position requires some travel, less than 30%, both US and international along with some off hours support.
- This support will involve both distance and onsite support.
- Candidate will interface and direct US Navy Customers regarding the proper approach to maintaining US Navy Afloat networks and the associated network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Candidates will strive to provide top notch support with a focus on prompt repairs to improve the overall uptime of networks.
- Candidate will at times be required to make suggestions with regard to potential network design changes, analyze complex network issues, plan for corrective actions, and modify existing network configurations.
- Further, the candidate may analyze and troubleshoot capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of related experience or 6 years of related experience with either a HS/GED.
- Verifiable and Active DOD Secret clearance. Higher clearances accepted.
- Security+ certification
- Experience with ISNS or CANES or SCI or CENTRIXS or ADNS and all associated installed applications.
- The ability to obtain ONE of the following within 30 days of hire: CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, Linux+, VCP
- Engineering experience with Cisco switches and routers OR administration experience of Windows Sever.
- Up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS travel