The successful candidate will provide technical direction to Functional Homeroom and influence Program Leadership in the execution to all phases of CDM program principles (Identification, Change Control, Status Accounting, Verification/Audits, etc.). Will be the primary consultant to executive management in shaping the future of Configuration Data Management. Will liaison with the customer and as our POC to industry as the PAICOE and OKC CDM Subject Matter Expert.
Will be the principle expert for CDM issues across our COE portfolio and at the sector level, Functional Home Room (FHR) CDM Subject Matter Expert (SME). CDM SME provides technical direction to FHR and influences Program Leadership across our portfolios in the execution to all phases of state of the art CDM program principles (Identification, Change Control, Status Accounting, Verification/Audits, etc.) all the way up and across the sector.
Drives overarching CDM strategy and counsel across programs. Acts as a reviewer and approver across the COE and at the CoP through CCOM
Will be the subject matter expert for Configuration Data Management within the PAICoE and represent at the CoP level supporting symposiums, DoD, sector and corporate CCOM wrt CDM.
Will demonstrate exceptional technical leadership and problem solving abilities for multiple programs across the Sector and provides advice to the CEC.
Will successfully ensure that technically compliant documentation is generated and released.
Will implement best practices for all CoEs to follow.
Will operate autonomously in the evaluation of procedures and provide independent sound recovery plans to resolve key issues.
Will establish capabilities and processes that support long-range strategic goals for Northrop Grumman.
- Plans and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met.
- Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system.
- Coordinates modification records for management control.
- Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor.
- Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
- Identify areas of CDM program risk & develop plans for corrective action.
- Ensure compliance to CDM Sector Command Media as well as adherence to internal program CDM plans & operating procedures.
- Develop initiatives to fund & improve CDM tools as well training resources.
- Support customer & internal CDM audits as well as address / reconcile findings.
Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
Must have 20 years of Aerospace Experience or 18 years of experience with a Master’s Degree or 15 years with a PHD.
Proven track record of CDM Domain Knowledge.
The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DOD Clearance.
- An active in-scope DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- 15 or more years of CDM Experience.
- History of successful internal, Supplier and Government audit of tools, processes, and practices relative to compliance to these sources.
- History of successful Internal, Supplier and Government Functional and Physical Configuration Audits.
- Experienced in response to CARs, creation of CPATS items (including analysis of root cause, corrective actions), corrective action plans closure, and lessons-learned sharing across programs.
- Expert knowledge of NGAS Commend Media, and Industry Standards.
- Expert in NGC CDM tools, including Teamcenter, Sharepoint, MES, and others relating to SW CDM