Renewable Energy Systems Inc. (RES) is seeking a construction planner/scheduler specialist to set-up project schedules, train and coach construction project schedulers in maintaining project schedules, prepare standard operating procedures (SOPs), implement industry best practices, and set-up Oracle’s Primavera P6 Professional Project Management software as RES’ project scheduling system.
The Project Controls Team is part of the Project Services Group, within the Construction Department. The Project Services Group develops, implements, and supports standard processes and systems for RES construction projects. The Project Controls Team provides timely and accurate information on project performance; by collaborating with project teams to standardize processes and tools for tracking actual costs-to-date, productivity, and performance against schedule.
- Participate in required training and follow safety management system (SMS), quality management system (QMS), and environmental management system (EMS) procedures. Work with Health, Safety, Quality, and Environment (HSQE) group to incorporate safe practices and mitigate safety risks as part of construction project schedules.
- Set-up Oracle’s Primavera P6 Professional Project Management software as RES’ project scheduling system
- Prepare training materials and provide training to construction project engineers in maintaining and updating project schedules
- Provide support to project engineers in maintaining and updating project schedules
- Collaborate with estimating team and construction project teams to set-up resource loaded project schedules
- Collaborate with construction project teams to develop template forms of schedule for the typical portfolio of projects that RES performs
- Prepare equipment and construction crew master resource schedules for Construction Operations Department
- Update existing SOPs and prepare new SOPs, implement industry best practices
- Participate in internal department and project related meetings and coordinate efforts to obtain feedback required for continuously improving project schedules
- Participate in continuous improvement projects, initiatives, or events. Solicit input from construction project teams on process improvement initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Oracle’s Primavera P6 Professional Project Management software
- Critical path management (CPM) methodologies
- Earned value management (EVM) methodologies, including Earned Value (EV) measurement and Cost Variance (CV) and Schedule Variance (SV) reporting on S-curves
- Project planning
- Training and coaching
- Time management, planning, and organizing
- Communication, relationship building, collaboration and teamwork
- Construction project schedule preparation, monitoring, and controlling
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Information analysis, compilation, and synthesis
- Knowledge of construction industry and associated field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Continuous improvement and best practice leadership
- SOP preparation, implementation, training, and continuous improvement
- Problem solving and decision-making even with limited information and timeframes
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of renewable energy construction industry and associated field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Project management
- Lean methodology
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- A minimum 10 years of experience in construction project schedule preparation, monitoring, and controlling
- Must have a valid current driver license and be eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.