HDR is currently in need of a Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Construction Manager to work as a member of our rapidly growing construction group in Kansas City, MO.
The T&D Construction Manager will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager with all facets of project execution including, but not limited to:
• Direction and coordination of the field office and management and administration of the prime contract and construction subcontracts.
• Supervision of all field operations and safety on assigned Power Delivery projects.
• Ensure subcontractor compliance with health and safety, quality, and costs.
• Daily monitoring of construction activities, project schedule and work direction of all sub-contractors.
• Receive, inspect and report on site material deliveries.
• Manage site Quality Control and Quality Assurance; ensuring subcontractors work is in compliance to the contract specifications and quality standards
• Monitors and reports on construction activities and schedule performance to Project Manager.
• Manages all construction issue reports, RFIs, and field change requests.
• Prepare and update project schedules, status reports, pay requests, budgets, and schedule management reports.
• May support other project and proposal efforts including estimating, procurement, project controls, etc.
• A successful candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management, and a minimum of 7 years of experience in a field construction environment of substation and overhead transmission lines. Equivalent experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• Thorough knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in electrical 230 kV and above substation and transmission line construction electrical work.
• Completion of/or aptitude to attain OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 Safety Training certification.
• Experience with Safety, QA/QC, scheduling, cost controls, etc.
• Must have strong daily report preparation experience.
• Valid driver's license is required,
• Understanding of Windows-based software and tools.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
• Selected applicants must be able to complete criminal/civil background check and drug screening.