Systems Validation Engineer
- Job Number: 86376828
- Culver City, California, United States
- Posted: 01-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Systems Validation Engineer is responsible for the system validation and measurement of audio technologies for key Apple audio Products. The candidate, as part of the System Validation team, will support testing of products and improve test and validation tools. The candidate will have the right combination of Acoustics, scripting skills and personal drive to conduct and take ownership of the system level validation and at the same time develop new approaches for validation and test.
- The ideal candidate should have a background in audio/acoustic system level test. Experience in product coexistence combined with a good knowledge of automation and test system development.
- Experience from working within acoustics design or test of portable audio / communication devices.
- Experience in using acoustic/audio analysis, measurement methods and equipment.
- Broad experience with a range of audio HW and SW tools for signal generation, recording and analysis.
- Solid data -analysis, -manipulation, -summary and -presentation skills
- Curious with a high personal drive
- Audio measurement tools experience, e.g. SoundCheck, Audio Precision, HEAD Acoustics ACQUA, Rohde & Schwartz CMU, Rohde & Schwartz UPV/UPL or similar
- Broad knowledge of Audio systems (E.g. Loudspeakers, Headphones, Bluetooth audio, audio codecs)
- Experience with noise and coexistence issues in audio systems.
- Knowledge of Signal processing and analysis for Audio
- Knowledge of Mobile telephony and VOIP acoustic testing
- Capability of SW programming (E.g. Python, MATLAB, Bash)
- Listening skill and passion in diagnosing problems and overall improve sound quality
Candidate will have responsibilities for testing the audio and acoustic performance of products and lead project-based audio test development. Primary focus will be the optimization, automation and definition of new tests while performing existing test plans on Apple Products. Candidate will drive towards definition of new parameters and prove their relevance. Tasks include: Perform testing and report results according to internal and external standards Develop new test methods, tools and metrics for new features or products Automation of testing and reporting processes to improve efficiency Data analysis and competitive benchmarking Acoustic failure analysis and trouble shooting
BS/MS in EE or equivalent, preferably specializing in audio/acoustics