Years of Experience: 10+
- Under general direction, responsible for systems programming functions dealing with the overall operating system or complex subsystems of the operating system.
- Develops specifications for systems programming activities.
- Develops and modifies software programs for the operating system.
- Develops logic for and encodes, tests, modifies and debugs software packages to suit the operating environment.
- Designs, codes, tests, and implements systems related modifications. Installs and maintains software products on the computer system.
- Analyzes and fixes problems associated with the software packages and forwards them to appropriate vendors for problem resolution.
- Monitors systems and corrects any errors or inconsistencies.
- Performs all functional duties independently.
- Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related IT field;
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development and/or related field;
- A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
- Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
- Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
- Experience training, mentoring, and providing technical direction to less experienced personnel;
- Knowledgeable in all areas of ITIL framework;
- Competent in UNIX, specifically SuSE, Red Hat and CentOS;
- Familiar with network switching, firewall and load balancing technology;
- Competent in Oracle Cluster Ready Services (CRS);
- Available for after-hours support as needed;
- Familiar with enterprise OS patching activities; and
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card holder and must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance.