Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Program Description: Odyssey Systems will provide full-spectrum Engineering and Acquisition specialist Contractor Support Services to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) Special Access Programs (SAP) community. Programs supported span across multiple Program Executive Offices (PEO's). Our specialized A&AS support will assist with the development, integration, test, fielding, and sustainment of AFLCMC SAP weapon systems, networks and services.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Document the review, test concept development, test methodology development, test plan development, test execution, and test reporting, data reduction and analysis, and end-user operational testing.
- Use the Design of Experiments methods to plan and conduct test programs.
- Ability to work with software engineers to make critical design decisions and direction for web application requirements based off end user operational experience.
- Ability to work with software design engineers to make critical design decisions and direction for web application requirements based off of end user operational experience
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to proactively engage with and advise government and contractor support
- Select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate a specific problem, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
- Evaluate the configuration, capability, and operational relevance of test environments and ensure they are properly available for the thorough testing of software releases (e.g. fault insertion/fault identification).
- Support software design engineers during the design decision provide technical guidance and review to senior leaders as needed throughout the system life cycle.
- experience in IT software testing to include developing and implementing test plans, test procedures, and test reports
- Comfortable working with limited supervision but also in a team environment
- TS (with current investigation w/in past 5 years), SCI eligible
- BS or higher from accredited college/university with a curriculum in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or equivalent verifiable work experience
- 3-7 years' experience in IT software testing to include developing and implementing test plans, test procedures, and test reports
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field with 5-8 years' experience or Master's Degree with 3-5 years related experience preferred
- Experience writing and executing test cases
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Has the ability to work independently and apply the proper procedures and process related to their area of expertise.
- Shall also have the ability to problem solve and troubleshoot various situations to develop successful outcomes within established program/project guidelines. (Program Office and Staff Level Support interface)
- IT Acquisition and Agile experience preferred
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) desired
- Information Technology Acquisition or Cyber operations experience highly desired
- SAR/SAP experience highly desired
- APDP Level II or III Certification (or equivalent) in Test & Evaluation Engineering highly desired
- Frequent travel (within CONUS) is required (Potential to average 3-5 days a month)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CompTIA Security+
- Experience using XML parsing, using Java or C#/.NET to research, evaluate, and develop test cases for IT software systems
- Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), MA and additional locations once determined