There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Urbandale
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Systems Test Engineer - 39066
As a System Test Engineer, for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (Urbandale), you will develop and test applications for high-tech agricultural products. In addition, you will:
- Participate as a member of the System Integration & Test team in verifying full system functionality, performance, and compatibility of new and existing ISG products with vehicles.
- Develop test plans, define acceptance criteria, write test cases, coordinate test execution, evaluate performance, track & communicate results.
- Assist development teams in understanding customer needs, system integration requirements, optimizing system effectiveness, resolving defects.
- Identify strategies and implement solutions for virtual verification, simulation, and test automation.
- Coordinate integration & test activities with other John Deere platform units.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of product development experience
- 3 or more years of experience working in a team environment
- Experience with test planning and execution at the component and system level
- Understanding of agricultural equipment and precision farming technologies
- Excellent communication skills to interface successfully with engineers and personnel of other disciplines
- Experience with electrical or embedded software systems
- Experience with electronic instrumentation and data collection tools
- Working knowledge of product development lifecycle processes
- Strong analytical skills, thrives on solving complex system issues
What Makes You Stand Out
- Precision farming experience
- Experience with GPS and CAN or AUTOSAR technologies
- Simulation/automation experience
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Advanced degree in an Engineering discipline
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology, Agricultural Sciences, or Computer Science