“Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation’s most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.”
Jacobs is seeking a Systems Test Engineer to support a prime contract in our Columbia, MD office. Duties may include:
- Providing experienced engineering analyses and technical support
- Performing some engineering and technical management functions
- Facilitating the process for deploying IA software capabilities to the enterprise
- B.S. degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and three (3) to five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with installing, testing and deploying COTS software products.
- Ability to maintain a production level service by providing on-going system and application maintenance.
- Experience with Information Assurance products and services.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
Essential Functions:Physical Requirements:
- Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: Sitting, Eyes, Hands)
- May involve long periods of sitting
- An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
- Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients
- Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
Equipment and Machines:
- Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
- Attendance is critical at all times
- Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements
- Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
- Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
- Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace