Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 140 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
- Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems.
- Coordinates integrated testing activities.
- Reviews and evaluates test requirements to ensure completeness of test program.
- Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
- This job includes all engineering aspects of launch vehicle component/system testing from developing the test program to meet engineering requirements, designing the test setup and test fixturing to performing the test and analyzing the data.
- Hands on work and directing technicians is required during test buildup and test performance.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 2 - 6 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Propulsion, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or an equivalent Engineering discipline).
- 2 to 6 years of directly related work experience including test program management, test design, developing test procedures and performing tests.
- Experience with test instrumentation and data acquisition hardware.
- Familiarity with testing, including developing test procedures and performing tests.
- Experience with application of engineering principles to complex technical assignments.
- Familiarity with propulsion systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficient with Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in different work environments – indoor clean and comfortable; as well as, working in non-environmentally controlled areas such as outside test facilities with inclement weather conditions.