Position Description: Systems Technical Project Manager
Airborne and Ground Communication Products Systems Engineering is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager (TPM), as part of a multi-functional organization comprised of system engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers, and engineering support groups. The organizational objective is to successfully design, develop, integrate, qualify, and manufacture military communications products.
This is an engineering leadership position with focus on the full lifecycle of communication systems, including concept, development, production, and end of life. Candidates must have an engineeringeducation, with experience serving as a project engineer on design and development programs that have transitioned to manufacturing, preferably for military communication systems. In addition, candidates must have a history of proven leadership, coaching and developing people to achieve objectives beyond the norm.
Specific responsibilities may include:
* Program execution management – provide realization of successful communication systems during the full system lifecycle. This includes management and oversight for evolving solutions from stakeholder needs, while exploring opportunities, documenting requirements, designing, developing, verifying, validating, and evolving solutions.
* Project Engineering and Cost Account Management – develop and enact cost & schedule execution plans that are in compliance with stakeholder needs and internal Rockwell Collins processes and procedures; understand risks and variances; assist in the development of mitigation plans; become 100% involved in the day-to-day program execution
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* The ability to build trust and confidence with customers, engineers, technicians, program management, and product line management to achieve program and business objectives
* Leadership by example, building trust and inspiring people through a shared vision where people feel valued, empowered, and fulfilled
* Possess expertise in systems engineering, systems implementation, and project management, including lifecycle management; system definition; engineering design processes; architecture definition; system modelling; system implementation; configuration management; change control; system integration; verification and validation; manufacturing transition; risk management; and continuous process improvement
* Experience with project cost/schedule/performance management, using Earned Value (EV), Microsoft Project, and SAP
* Experience with proposal effort coordination, including parametric estimating, bidding, narrative writing, risk identification, and technical leadership
* Successful leadership of complex systems development from requirements through verification
* Ability to independently lead and support technical meetings with customers, teammates, project management, production liaisons, and leadership
* Ability to travel up to 20% travel is required
* Prefer (but not required) experience with Open Systems Architectures (OSA), the Software Communications Architecture (SCA), and Software Defined Radio (SDR)