Job DescriptionWant to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that was named as2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Our team is looking for innovative and passionate engineers to help create high performance communication products, such as software-defined radios and data links. As part of our team, you’ll be exposed to cutting edge technology and have the ability to significantly contribute to the creation of our newest products.
Position Description: Systems Technical Project Manager
Airborne and Ground Communication Products Systems Engineering is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager (TPM), as part of a multi-functional organization comprised of system engineers, software engineers, hardware engineers, and engineering support groups. The organizational objective is to successfully design, develop, integrate, qualify, and manufacture military communications products. This is an engineering leadership position with focus on the full lifecycle of communication systems, including concept, development, production, and end of life. Candidates must have an engineeringeducation, with experience serving as a project engineer on design and development programs that have transitioned to manufacturing, preferably for military communication systems. In addition, candidates must have a history of proven leadership, coaching and developing people to achieve objectives beyond the norm.
Specific responsibilities may include:
* Program execution management – provide realization of successful communication systems during the full system lifecycle. This includes management and oversight for evolving solutions from stakeholder needs, while exploring opportunities, documenting requirements, designing, developing, verifying, validating, and evolving solutions.
* Project Engineering and Cost Account Management – develop and enact cost & schedule execution plans that are in compliance with stakeholder needs and internal Rockwell Collins processes and procedures; understand risks and variances; assist in the development of mitigation plans; become 100% involved in the day-to-day program execution
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
* The ability to build trust and confidence with customers, engineers, technicians, program management, and product line management to achieve program and business objectives
* Leadership by example, building trust and inspiring people through a shared vision where people feel valued, empowered, and fulfilled
* Possess expertise in systems engineering, systems implementation, and project management, including lifecycle management; system definition; engineering design processes; architecture definition; system modelling; system implementation; configuration management; change control; system integration; verification and validation; manufacturing transition; risk management; and continuous process improvement
* Experience with project cost/schedule/performance management, using Earned Value (EV), Microsoft Project, and SAP
* Experience with proposal effort coordination, including parametric estimating, bidding, narrative writing, risk identification, and technical leadership
* Successful leadership of complex systems development from requirements through verification
* Ability to independently lead and support technical meetings with customers, teammates, project management, production liaisons, and leadership
* Ability totravel up to20%travel isrequired
* Prefer (but not required) experience with Open Systems Architectures (OSA), the Software Communications Architecture (SCA), and Software Defined Radio (SDR)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more