If you answered yes to all of these questions, we want you!!!
Select Medical is looking for a proactive, results-oriented Systems Support Specialist/Analyst to deliver quality customer service in support of Select Medical hospitals in the Las Vegas, Nevada. The Systems Support Specialist/Analyst will be responsible for providing advanced desktop and mobile device, intermediate application, and basic networkinfrastructuresupport throughout our hospitals in the Las Vegas area, which includes:
- Dignity Health Rehab Hospital
The Systems Support Specialist/Analyst is challenged with supporting, monitoring, documenting and scheduling operating procedures for client systems in remote environments. This position is responsible for following up with end users on all outstanding problems logged through the corporate Help Desk. This position is required to be detail oriented and maintain a level of expertise in networked applications, workstation hardware and software, and networktroubleshooting. It is essential for the Specialist/Analyst to understand and engage the proper rules for problem resolution and escalation, and be flexible in dealing with simultaneous projects. The Systems Support Specialist/Analyst reports to the Manager, Systems Support.
- Respond to help desk referred trouble tickets; provide for or assist in providing end users support for network software, operating system, hardware and peripheral equipment, and troubleshoot as necessary. Ensure that all IS problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Escalate all “out of scope” issues to proper IS departments or vendors in a timely manner following company procedures. Complete any activities, tasks, and/or projects as assigned.
- Install, troubleshoot and diagnose software/hardware issues with Windows desktops and laptops, iOS tablets and smartphones, printers, various medical devices and networking equipment.
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data.
- Regular regional travelrequired, and availability beyond standard business hours to address mission critical issues that may affect patient care.
- Work with corporate IS teams and coordinate vendors in the planning and installation of desktop computer hardware, mobile device hardware, software, printer repairs, cabling for local area networks, and other IS projects.
- Manages the integration of startup and relocated facilities to the corporate networkinfrastructure.
- Participate independently or with a team performing equipment upgrades or decommissioning and recycling of obsolete devices.
- Help build team spirit by assisting other staff members and promoting a positive workplace.
- Maintain records and documentation related to network nodes, network equipment, data cabling and location of equipment and software revisions.
- Participate in relevant information sharing activities and maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment.
- Execute relevant preventative maintenance and maintain company IS procedures relating to disaster recovery and backup systems or circuits, and ensure specific devices are correctly connected to battery backup or power. Create, maintain and update disaster recovery procedures when changes in hardware or applications occur.
- Recognize potential areas where policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion. Submit cost efficient recommendations as appropriate.
- Support the mission and direction of Select Medical, both within the Information Services department and throughout the organization.
- BS or BA or equivalent education and experience.
- 5 or more years IS experience.
- Requires superior teamwork skills.
- Must have strong professional, interpersonal, and communication skills to interact courteously with staff and management of all levels, either face-to-face, on the phone or via email providing updates on outages, upgrades, projects or situations that may cause downtime or impact patient care. Excellent verbal and writing skills required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills, work independently, and have a sense of urgency prioritizing resolution of issues that affect business workflow and patient care.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Large scale multi-site IS operations experience.
- Desktop and laptop hardware, iPad, and peripheral supportexperience (HP & Ricoh printers, Fujitsu scanners, etc).
- Operating Systems support including, but not limited to, Microsoft Windows and Apple iOS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity application suites and experiencesupporting browser-based technologies.
- Local Area Network infrastructure device (switches, routers, access points) supportexperiencepreferred.
- Telephony and VoIP experience a plus.
- Clinical device support a plus (i.e. telemetry, glucometers, RX dispensing hardware, etc).
- Healthcare and clinical experiencepreferred.
- Health application support including Epic and Medhost a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.