GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Dole Food Company’s Technical Services & Information Security team provides endpoint, network, IT Security and related system administration support services to the Corporate and Fresh Fruit North America business units.
The Systems Support Specialist will provide primary support for all Dole Fresh Fruit North America (DFFNA) locations. The core competencies include the ability to troubleshoot and support DFFNA marine terminals, sales offices, ripening facilities, warehouses and distribution centers. The primary role is to provide technical support for local systems and infrastructure needed for business operations. This role is to provide technical support such as RF scanning, mobile/cloud based applications, network, router and firewall equipment, system troubleshooting and other critical functions as assigned. Paramount to this role is to ensure system up time and local survivability for all facilities in disaster prone regions, such as ports and terminals, of North America.
A secondary function of this role is to provide support and administration of desktop and laptop systems, mobile phones, and business desktop application support as required. Backup support will require approximately 10-30% FTE hours to provide overflow desktop support for other locations. The incumbent will work closely with key systems personnel in Security, IT Operations and Systems Administration, including IT resources in both Costa Rica and North America.
The objective of this position is to continually deliver an exceptional customer experience under general supervision while performing timely and accurate support along with project and emergency work.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
The Systems Support Specialist will provide system monitoring and troubleshooting of facility business applications and technologies to ensure ongoing business operation. Additionally, the incumbent will develop applications and processes to enhance Dole systems critical to facility operations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide coverage for all DFFNA facility incidents. Repair, replace and troubleshoot LAN network equipment, PC and mobile solutions for DFFNA customers as required;
- Verify all desktop and portable systems have been configured within the established guidelines and policies;
- Mitigate company IT risk by participating in maintenance and provisioning of LAN equipment desktop, laptop, and other mobile systems. This includes working with Dole IT Security resources to monitor and improve IT security protocols in locations;
- Complete daily proactive review of monitoring tools --- focusing on prevention of potential future issues;
- Monitor and analyze system logs for possible securityevents;
- Research, modify, or correct existing system settings following departmental and company standards/procedures for system changes;
- Communicate securityevents that raise the risk threshold to company personal computer systems or architecture;
- Coordinate and collaborate in resolution of maintenance and security issues with properly designated parties;
- Respond to management inquiries and properly document security and performance incidents;
- Monitor changes in security documentation/protocols and aid in the documentation and implementation process. This includes creating documents, inquiries, and reports;
- Participate in the system building process to ensure systems meet security baseline requirements.
- Maintain a strong and collaborative relationship with all resources within the Technical Services & Information Security Team and with all DFF departments, serving as an advocate for personal systems security and compliance processes and solutions;
- As a member of the Technical Services & Information Security Team, the Systems Support Specialist may be called upon to support personal systems within standards applied in the Dole Computer Use Policy
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of hardware and software products and vendors;
- Assist in the collection of data required for assembling the annual DFFNA-IT budget.
- JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- 4+ years supporting endpoint, network, IT Security and system administration needs for all levels of end users in a professional environment
- Experience working as a team member with minimal supervision and initiative to work independently
- Knowledge with MS Office Suite and other user software packages
- In depth knowledge of operating systems (e.g., Microsoft, Apple, Unix, Linux, etc.), network elements and protocols, encryption tools, client-server and web architecture, firewalls, network access control, minimum or least privilege security, antivirus/malware and intrusion detection/prevention system
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory and IT Security and Control solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot complex networking, software and hardware issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and perform well under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with all organizational levels including executive leaders
- Strong analytical, organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- ROLE COMPETENCIES
Requires analytical skills and application of scientific methods to perform a variety of activities
Requires good understanding of how the team integrates with others
Ability to recognize and solve typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluate and select solutions from established operating procedures and/or scientific methods
No supervisory responsibilities
Impacts the quality of own work and its contribution to the team
- Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
Ability to exchange straightforward information, ask questions and check for understanding.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
- The incumbent will interact and have a broad exposure to both internal Dole resources and contract resources across North America. Additionally, due to the existence of a shared services organization in Costa Rica, Dole Business Services, frequent interaction with this group will be required. Broad exposure to external product and service vendor management.
- Maintain working relationships with all levels of employees, including senior management.
- Maintain direct relationships with various external suppliers.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience is required
- One or more of the following certifications strongly preferred
o CompTIA A+
o CompTIA Network +
o Microsoft MCDST
o Microsoft MCP
o Microsoft MCSA
o Microsoft MCSE
o Microsoft MOS
- One or more of the following IT Security certifications preferred
o CompTIA Security +
o CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
o Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- EMPLOYEE MANAGEMENT
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift (including overhead) and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must have good mobility to engage in the following activities:
- Use a ladder to access racks
- Lift and carry computers and servers weighing up to 50 pounds each
- Access workstations and servers at the floor level
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
- Incumbent must be able to work long hours, including nights and weekends, especially during busy time periods (e.g., project implementation, IT Security incident investigation, etc.)
- Ability to be on-call and respond quickly to urgent IT issues
- Travel up to 50% annually including the requirement for overnight stays.
- Attend conferences, training courses, and trips to Dole locations as assigned.
Job Location Gulfport, Mississippi, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 853-990