Systems Support Specialist
Less than 5 years experience • Non-Profit
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For 65 years CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 300 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates sixty study centers in over forty countries that support study abroad programs for over 6,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 25,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
We strive to lead a robust community of international program providers and sponsors through innovation, exemplary service and exceptional efficiency. Our success depends on having the very best professionals. CIEE is committed to recruiting and retaining the best people in the industry, particularly those who are passionate about international education, are self-starters with high levels of energy and autonomy, and are dedicated to exceed expectations in every challenge.
Under moderate supervision, this position provides support to end-users for PC, server applications, and hardware. Will interact with network services, software systems engineering, and applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Refers more complex problems to intermediate senior level. This position is staffed by technical personnel who have had sufficient educational background and experience. Typically has a Bachelor’s Degree with less than 5 years of experience.
- Provide accurate, timely and creative solutions to staff computer hardware, operating systems, software applications, networking and video-conferencing problems.
- Maintain computers, printers, phones and voicemail.
- Diagnose and resolve both hardware and software issues.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner.
- Image, customize and deploy new desktop and laptop machines to both in-house and field staff.
- Manage Active Directory User Accounts and Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
- Preparing computers and equipment for travel.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to assess and scope potential new projects.
- Collaborate with members of Tech Solutions Team and all business units as a participant on multi-disciplinary, cross-functional project teams.
- Primary responsibility will be to provide direct end-user support to resolve problems and questions as quickly as possible while providing the highest level of customer service.
- 24/7 support as needed
- Nights or weekend work as required
- On-call availability
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- Any relevant technical certifications is a plus
- 3+ years’ experience in a tech support role.
- Experience in performing PC setups, troubleshooting hardware and software problems and designing configurations for desktop computer systems in a corporate network environment.
- Positive attitude with a desire to work for a company that is fun, flexible, respectful, and honest.
- General hands-on knowledge of end user software applications, such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Windows XP & 7 Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012
- Working knowledge of networktechnologies, relevant software, hardware and other equipment.
- High level of organization, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and think creatively.
- Focus on usability and quality, while always keeping the end-user in mind.
- Quick, independent learner with the ability to recognize and overcome obstacles.
- Passion for learning new technologies of all types.
- Experience working on collaborative teams that create high-quality, on-time solutions.
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
- Additional Physical Demands
- Ability to speak and listen on a telephone
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands
- Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment.