The role of a Systems Support Engineer 4 is to provide the second and third level infrastructure support multi-tier applications within the EQ by Equiniti environment. Systems Support Engineer's are responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting the infrastructure that supports these applications.
Systems Support Engineers are responsible for resolving support incidents and requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction levels and continuous service delivery demands. Systems Support Engineers work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment responding to incidents with varying impact to the business including critical break/fix incidents.
- Take ownership of incidents by carrying out problem analysis, implementing temporary or permanent resolutions with the goal of providing the highest level of service to the customer as quickly as possible. Escalation of incidents to other teams when necessary.
- Ensure availability of all applications within the environment.
- Understands complex technology environments and how components function and interact with each other. i.e. (Servers, Databases, NAS, Firewalls, Load Balancers, Networks, DMZ, etc.)
- Assist in the design, implementation of multi-tier applications.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software incidents including operating systems (Windows) and a range of software applications installed on various servers.
- Perform Hardware and Software Upgrades
- Maintain a minimum 90% achieved SLA from completed incident and service requests.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical employees and customers at all levels of the organization.
- Participates in the creation, updating, and testing of the Business Continuity Plan.
- Analyses customer needs and provides solutions to meet those needs.
- Understands security and compliance requirements for the supported area and analyses additions and changes for risk to the environment.
- Accurately record, update, document and complete service requests and incidents utilizing the IT Service Desk System.
- Be available as a part of an On-Call rotation.
- Minimum 4 yr technical degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) certification
- 5+ Years in a similar Role
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated strong experience with Windows Server 2016, SQL Server, IIS, Active Directory, Networking, Load Balancers, and Firewalls.
- Demonstrated strong experience troubleshooting complex technical issues in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated proficient experience in with server hardware.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated results driven.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook).
- Must be able to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Demonstrated strong communications skills (verbally and written).
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- May require the need to travel to other locations
Certifications, Licenses and/or Registrations – Completing this section is optional
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) or Similar