The Sr Systems Specialist under minimal supervision will be responsible for analyzing and providing solutions to users via phone, email, or in person as the problem requires. The Systems Specialist Sr serves as the advanced contact for consultation, training, instruction, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, and configuration support to internal clients. The position supports hardware, software, network and related systems, and peripheral devices and manages requests through a ticketing system. The position refers resolves more complex technology issues referred by Systems Specialists.
- Provide Support Desk call functions that include: phone calls for assistance, email assistance requests, and content for the knowledge base (i.e. support procedures, tips and tricks, work-around options, how to, etc.) used for reference by other Support Technicians and clients.
- Manage support tickets in a timely manner by diagnosing, prioritizing and actively resolving issues for users.
- Reassign tickets as necessary to the appropriate department.
- Provide workstation inventory processes: Images, distribution, repair, replacement, configuration, upgrades, security / encryption, and the like.
- Provide third party vendor support, analysis, testing, production deployments, and post-deployment support.
- Adhere to metrics as assigned including but not limited to: customer satisfaction; service delivery; suggest adjustments in the Support Desk functions when needed to improve service delivery.
- Contribute as a subject matter expert for problem resolution.
- Escalate systems issues to support chain of command as needed.
- Manage various user accounts such as Windows domain, email, and calendar, ensuring that the appropriate levels of security are maintained while enabling users to complete their work effectively.
- Accurately manage IT asset inventory and software licensing compliance.
- Ensure all end user systems have up-to-date anti-malware protection.
- Serve as a mentor to system specialists.
- May perform hardware setup and deployment for users.
- 2-5 years in technical support experience managing client and server devices in a Microsoft Windows domain, utilizing at minimum these tools: MS Active Directory, MS Group Policy, MS File Services, MS Print Services.
- Ability to lift and haul equipment up to 10 lbs and crawl under workstations to install and maintain equipment.
- Experience with software development lifecycle using structured processes.
- Familiar with industry standard hardware (i.e. ITSM tool system aid).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple needs simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A plus, MCSE and/or Network Plus certification preferred.