Job ID: 117227
Position Purpose:At HomeDepot.com, our award-winning e-Commerce team is blazing a trail of retail shopping innovation by leveraging cutting-edge technology with our 2,200+ store locations and a relentless focus on customer service. We have been named one of the world’s most innovative companies and we are on a mission to provide the best interconnected shopping experience to our consumers. To do so, we need more dreamers, innovators and big thinkers passionate about re-imagining the future of retail. Interested in making history with us? If so, apply today to experience what it’s like to be a part of our HomeDepot.com team. Who knows? Your next big idea may just change the future of retail!
The Digital Content Systems Solutions Manager will lead the Tools & Automation team within the online Digital Content business area. This role will be responsible for partnering with Digital Content leaders/online merchants to understand business process improvement opportunities/system(s) gaps and will manage a team of developers in the design, development and implementation of new system(s) solutions to address business needs. This position will be hands-on and spend a portion of time developing system(s) solutions in addition to providing oversight to the team. The Digital Content Systems Solutions Manager will also perform ad-hoc data analyses for business partners and the leadership team to provide critical business insights and address business issues.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- 50%-Manage team in the delivery of scalable system(s) tools/reporting which deliver new business capabilities and drive task out, including completion of technical design, coding, performance tuning, testing and implementation; Develop system(s) tools in addition to providing oversight to team.
- 20%-Partner with online leaders to identify business gaps/improvement opportunities and define functional requirements/designs for new system(s) tools and reporting to address.
- 15%-Prepare ad hoc data analyses to support project initiatives and leadership requests.
- 10%-Manage team in the resolution of production system(s) issues, including identification of root cause and options to correct.
- 5%-Manage and track status of multiple system development initiatives, including projectidentification/prioritization, development of project timelines and weekly status reporting.
Nature and Scope:
- This position reports to Sr. Manager, Digital Content Ops or Director.
- This position has 4-5 direct reports.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Technical expertise in the following areas: .Net (C# or VB), advanced SQL (MS SQL, DB2 or Oracle), stored procedures, and MS SQL Server (SSRS, SSIS), basic server/database administration skills
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a lead/team lead capacity
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Technical experience in the following areas:
- Programming languages: MVC, PHP, Java, Python
- Reporting/analytic services: Tableau, Omniture Web Analytics, Crystal, MS SQL Server (SSAS)
- Other: JSON, entity framework, digital asset management (videos/images), web scraping, basic UNIX
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in online retail or digital content business areas
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Technical proficiency in multiple programming languages and very strong database query skills
- Expert proficiency planning, designing, developing and implementing system solutions withexperience in all phases of the system development lifecycle (from conceptualization through implementation)
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills applies critical thinking skills to deliver scalable system solutions/analyses and evaluate multiple alternatives before finalizing recommendations
- Strong partnership, communication, and facilitation skills – leads work sessions with business stakeholders, persuades/influences others and is adept at dealing with difficult situations
- Strong people leadership/supervisory skills
- Excellent project management skills – determines approach and work assignments given general direction, accurately plans/estimates projects, and juggles multiple priorities against aggressive schedules